━ twelve, waiting for love

FREAK
act two, chapter twelve
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1992
.   .   .   .

"𝗘veryone is freaking that Gilderoy Lockhart is here." A deep voice sounded next to Viola and she looked up from her book ❨ not one of Lockhart's lies! ❩ to see a man next to her, wearing a navy blue suit. "And a pretty lady like you is reading in the corner, all by herself."

"I'm just running errands for someone." Viola hummed, now intrigued by this man. He had the exact same dimples James had and while James' ones were just a complete joke, the strangers were mesmerizing.

"I'm Noah Greengrass." He held out his hand and Viola clasped her hand in his, hers looking even more tiny in his.

"Viola Winchester." She tucked her book under her armpit. "So... Which one is yours?"

"I don't have any, I tagged along with my sister in law and her daughter." He pointed to a girl Viola recognized from the year before. Daphne Greengrass, a Slytherin, who, in everyone's opinion, was the kindest Slytherin to ever exist. ❨ Which is a lie, since Viola knew a few kind Slytherins. Severus Snape, Regulus Black and Narcissa Malfoy. ❩

"She's lovely, your niece." Viola smiled at Noah. "I teach at Hogwarts." She chuckled when Noah raised a brow at her.

"No way, you know what's bonkers?" Noah asked, his dimples on full display and Viola bit down hard on her bottle lip. Think of Severus. But thinking of Severus didn't help, as seconds later, she was deep in a daydream where Severus was undressing her. "Viola? Are you still in there?"

"Sorry, I was just ━ what were you saying?"

"That I'm the replacement for Aurora Sinistra until she has the baby." Noah spoke and Viola gaped at him. "I know, it's weird."

"You know what? Since Rori and I were such good friends, you're my new friend too ━ hope Prongs doesn't get jealous, though he probably will, it's Prongs we're talking about here, not Moony." Viola hummed, shaking her head and stuffed her book in her bag. "You think your sister and niece can survive without you for a few hours? There's things you need to know wbout Hogwarts first."

"I think they can survive." Noah shrugged and Viola beamed at him, already dragging him out the bookstore.

"I just need to drop these off at my house." Viola then looked at the stranger she just met, then figured that he shouldn't know where she lives. "But I think I'll hold on to them."

"So what's new at Hogwarts?" Noah decided to ask and Viola was glad he changed the topic.

"Not much really, Harry Potter began last year and ━ watch out!" Viola pushed Noah away just in time before the electrical pole she ripped from the ground ❨ why weird mind ability thing? Why? Why is it always the cute guys?! Noah is drop dead gorgeous and you, you stupid mind, decided to throw a pole at him! A pole! ❩ could hit him and she groaned. "I was wondering when that was going to happen. I'm so sorry Noah, I ruined your jacket. I feel like a jerk."

"It's fine, honestly. It was a little weird, but fine. Where did that pole come from anyway?"

"I ━ er ━ kinda threw it at you but not really?" She wrung her fingers nervously. Upon catching Noah's look on his face, Viola sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have come. I'm sorry Noah. Can we just forget that happened?"

Noah shrugged, not knowing what she actually meant. "Sounds fine to me."

"Now about Hogwarts ━"

"I'm really sorry for interrupting but I can't help but notice that there's not ring around your finger." Noah said, looking at Viola's fingers and she blushed, clearing her throat. She and Severus haven't gone on a date or kissed or spoke of what will become of them. It bloody hurt Viola but if Severus doesn't want to talk about it, she won't force him.

Viola chuckled awkwardly. "I'm just waiting for love to happen, though I doubt it will."

Noah smirked at her. "Can I take my shot while you wait?"

Tell him no Viola! You've got Severus, plus Noah has dimples. You can't trust a man with dimples. Look at James! "Sure I guess."

"Is there any competition I should be worried about?" Noah raised a brow and for some reason, it increased his beauty by a million percent and Viola suddenly felt hot.

"No," Viola shook her head. "Not at all." What about Sev? She thought, looking at Noah's dimples and she almost melted. If Severus was serious about us, don't you think he would've said something by now? Besides dear mind, I'm just having fun, it's not like I'm going to bang Noah and suck his dick.

"Glad to hear that." And he flashed her those dimples again.

.   .   .   .

𝗔 grin was visible on Viola's as she walked home, her new friend beside her and she rummaged throw her bag to find her keys. She then remembered that she gave them to Alastor, who was supposed to cook dinner for her. ❨ Since she gave herself food poisoning a few years back. Alastor never lets that one go. ❩ Viola knocked on the wooden door of her house and Alastor peeked through a little.

"When and how did we meet?" His gruff voice said and Viola rolled her eyes. Alastor was one the few who believed that Voldemort will rise to power again and even though Viola did believe that he will return, she just thought Alastor was being unnecessary.

"In detention, I was in my third year and you in your sixth." Viola answered, bored. "Oh and this is Noah Greengrass, the new Astronomy Professor." The door shut again and many clicks sounded. "Please excuse my friend, he's a bit extra."

"My sister is exactly the same, I fully understand." Noah said, smiling. Stop giving me those dimples!

"Well, this is my house. It's not much but it's home." She smiled at him once Alastor opened up the door. "Make yourself at home, I'm just going to put these away and change into something more comfortable." Viola narrowed her eyes at her best friend. "Be nice Al, please, for me."

Once in her room, she immediately stuffed the thing Dumbledore sent her to get in her trunk, fearful that she'd forget it and she rummaged through her closet, looking at things she could wear. She eventually settled on Sirius' old and faded jumper and sneakers. ❨ High heels might look beautiful but they were torture! ❩ A delicious smell greeted Viola as she walked into the kitchen, where Alastor and Noah were laughing like they were old friends. Viola was confused, but she said nothing.

"Where is your bathroom?" Noah asked and Viola offered to take him, as she knew that he'd get lost. The house wasn't that big but the bathroom was deep and worse part, the door was the exact same color, shade, texture, everything as the wall. "Viola, why didn't you get married?"

Vioka scratched the back of her neck. "There was a boy I like in school and I still do like him. He told me last year that he likes me too but the last time I saw him was during the farewell feast and he wasn't even sitting next to me. And I guess I nearly married a git that I actually loved."

Noah suddenly stopped in his tracks. "I'm going to make you fall in love with me Viola Winchester." He whispered and Viola would've thought it was creepy but she was so focused on his perfect dimples. Noah then leaned forward to whisper something in Viola's ear, something that left her insides tingling.

.   .   .   .

authors note. I love writing cocky characters like Elijah Vlad from I WALK THE LINE and Noah Greengrass. I mean, they have every reason to be cocky, they're fucking hot!! AND THEY KNOW IT!!!🙌🙌😊
Me on the other hand ✨B A R F✨😌