━ one, the charm of a divination hating freak

FREAK
act one, chapter one
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1991
.   .   .   .

"𝗦orry, I didn't mean to ━ that wasn't me!" Viola bent down to help the new Defense Professor up because for some reason, she threw a bloody book at him and tied his shoelaces together. She knew it wasn't her, even though it was her in a way. Vibrant blue met soft brown eyes and Viola felt herself blush before she awkwardly let him go, causing the Professor to fall again and Viola mentally groaned. "I ━ er ━ am sorry?"

Quirinus Quirrell waved her off, fixing his ridiculously large purple turban as he stood up, a slight smile on his lips as he looked at the newest addition of Hogwarts. "It's fine Ms Winchester."

"Sorry...." She whispered, awkwardly chuckling. "Sorry about the book too... and your shoes."

Quirrell chuckled, smiling at her. "It's r ━ really okay."

"Thank Merlin." Viola breathed out, chuckling a bit. "I can't really control whatever this is, so really sorry." She cracked a grin at him. The same shit eating grin that could get her, Sirius and James out of any detention regarding McGonagall. ❨ Minnie still loves her, she just knows it. ❩ "Got to run though, can't do bad on my first day. See you later."

Quirrell blushed when Viola gave him the finger guns and she ran off, maneuvering her way through the crowd of sixth years with such speed and grace that it would make James proud. He had always wanted a Seeker who's fast on their feet as well. She loved James ❨ still does ❩ but Merlin's grave, the practices were absolute torture. ❨ She remembered the row Sirius and James once had as Sirius was angry that James was trying to kill them all and like he dramatically stated that day, he's too young to die, too gorgeous. ❩

"Am I late?" Viola pushed open the Charms class doors. She hoped for first years on her first day but no, she just had to get third years and she swallowed hard. You wanted this Viola. She thought, ducking the book that came flying at her just in time.

"No dear, come in." Professor Flitwick beamed, motioning for her to come closer and when she reached him, she unfortunately had to turn around to face the group of Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. "Everyone, this is Professor Viola Winchester."

"Er ━ hi?" She chuckled lightly. "I'm not actually a real Professor, although Professor Dumbledore did want me to take the Defense post but I declined. I'm happy with helping everyone out ━ Professors and learners."

Someone raised their hand. "Yes Mr Diggory?" Flitwick asked in his high pitched voice and Viola discreetly moved away a little. She didn't hate him but dear Godric, his voice close up was painful.

"I have a question for Professor Winchester." The bronze haired boy asked and Viola grimaced. A question? For her? Why? What makes her so damn interesting rather than whatever the lesson will be about?

"Very well." Flitwick hummed then looked at Viola. "You're up Miss Winchester."

"Bugger me." She groaned, then wore her shit eating grin like nothing happened. "Yes Mr... Diggory?"