━ sixteen, seven minutes

FREAK
act two, chapter sixteen
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1992
.   .   .   .

"𝗧he Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware...." Viola had been saying this little phrase to James over and over again as they sat together in the kitchens. "She was petrified. The cat I mean."

"Harry is the enemy Viola. I am the enemy. We all are." James stressed to her and Viola moved closer, wrapping an arm around him.

"Hey, better to be the enemy than the one doing all this." The blonde pointed out and James only sipped his tea. Viola sighed, sipping her extra strong coffee and she brought a biscuit to her lips.

"I want to tell Harry. Today." James suddenly said.

Viola chocked on her biscuit. "Are you sure? Don't you want to wait a little? They're having this little duel class thingy tomorrow and I'm sure he's stressed. I've seen him in class, he's got ━"

"I'm sure Viola. I just can't keep disappearing, I want to tell him that I'm here, he isn't alone, that we can defeat him together." James sighed, then looked at his best mate. "I want you to be there with me."

Viola accidentally snorted the biscuit crumbs up her nose and she coughed. "I ━ what?" She coughed again, wiping at her eyes with her handkerchief. James rammed his fist in her back and she seized coughing, downing the last of her coffee. "James, this is a family matter. I am not family, I'm not even his Godmother."

"You're my family Viola, by blood or not." James pressed and he watched as she pursed her lips. "And it doesn't matter if you're his Godmother or not."

"But James, I'd feel like I'm intruding and I don't want that. You need to spend time with your son, without me being there."

"You're the first person who knew I was still alive. I trusted you that much Viola, I still trust you. You don't have to say anything, you can just stand there looking at us like the creep you are and I'd still feel like you're loading the world off my shoulders. Just for support? Please?" James Potter knew how to trap Viola, with those annoyingly perfect yet wonky dimples. "Don't forget, Harry called you cool."

"He did, didn't he?" Viola's features softened and she looked down at her empty cup of coffee. "I ━ um ━ spoke to my aunt a few moons ago, about having children and she supports it."

"And now all you have to do is choose from your love square who you want babies with."

Viola smiled. "Severus, obviously. But we haven't properly spoke in a while." She shrugged. "So I asked Dale to do some research, if it's possible to have children without laying with someone and he said the muggles do this thing called... I can't remember but someone donates their sperm to you."

"So who are you going to ask to rub their boys for you?" James asked and a few seconds later groaned in pain when Viola slapped him behind the head.

"I'd ask Gilderoy, since we nearly married but I don't want little Gilderoys running around, and he's very stupid ━"

"As if you're any better."