━ fifteen, hooked

FREAK
act two, chapter fifteen
.   .   .   .

NOAH GREENGRASS
1992
.   .   .   .

𝗡oah wasn't a dick. Or at least he tried not to be. It was just a little weird, every single girl threw themselves at him and here comes Viola with that devilish grin of hers and suddenly, his mind is just messed. She was nothing compared to the previous girlfriends he had. They were neat, wore layers of makeup and spoke like royalty. Viola on the other hand, she wasn't neat at all, she was absolutely messy but Noah loved that about her. She only wore mascara or lipstick and everything else was just her own beauty. And let's face it, Viola spoke ninety-nine percent of the time as though she was raised in a barn by people who were drunk all the time.

But all that just got Noah hooked. He knew she liked Severus, she isn't as subtle at hiding her crush on him. And that's why Noah knew he had to move faster. He can't let Severus take Viola from him, she's his soul mate. ❨ He doesn't actually believe in soul mates but damn, ever since he met Viola all those weeks ago, he just knew they were destined to spend their lives together. ❩

Noah didn't live by the rules of the Greengrass house, running away from an arranged marriage already says a lot. Sure, he kept in contact with his sister in law and her daughters but the rest of the Greengrass family were just idiots and blood supremacists. For any pureblood, that sounds like a fairy-tale come true but not for Noah. The fact that he had to carry the Greengrass name felt like a curse to him.

The day began with Noah sitting with James in the kitchens. Noah admits that he was pretty shocked when he learned that James Potter wasn't dead. For eleven years he's been told that James was dead but now here he sat, across him, laughing like he didn't loose his wife or he himself nearly died.

"No, I'm serious. I really like Viola, she's really interesting." Noah argued with James, who had been convinced that he just wanted to shag Viola. ❨ Well, it's not really a lie. He did want to shag her, for the rest of their lives together. ❩

"That's my Mad Hatter for you." James proudly grinned, the grin a father gives his child whenever they do something great.

Noah took a sip of his iced tea. "Why do you call her that?" He nearly regretted asking when James gave him a sad smile, and he was certain he won't tell him.

"In our seventh year, Lily showed us this muggle animation called Alice in Wonderland. Viola liked watching it over and over just to see the Mad Hatter. She knew all his lines by heart." James chuckled a bit. "And the nickname stuck."

Noah smiled, bringing his cup to his mouth again. "Well I've never seen this animation but I'm sure Viola is like this Mad Hatter."

"Oh no, she's exactly like Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat." James told him and Noah felt honestly lost. Who is this cat? Maybe he needed to watch it for himself and see why James said she's like the cat and hatter. But then again, muggle inventions don't work at Hogwarts. "What about you? Any nicknames?"

"Oh no, I'm just Noah."

"Well Noah, we have to get you a nickname." James hummed thoughtfully to himself. "So you like Astronomy right?" Noah nodded. "One of the constellations Viola loved was Sirius, partially because of Sirius, who we thought was our friend. And then there was Capricorn, Pisces and Leo." James shrugged. "I guess you have to stay as Noah for now, until I, the master of nicknames, give you one."

"What are the other nicknames then?" Noah asked, intrigued.

"My wife was my precious Lily-Flower, Sirius was Padfoot...." A sad smile appeared on James' face again and this time, Noah stopped him from telling him any other thing, fearful that he might just break down there and then.

.   .   .   .

"𝗚reengrass, you better stay away from Viola." Noah was on his way to his class when he was stopped by Severus Snape and he politely smiled at the man, turning around to face him.

"And why is that? Because you love her when you know that you don't?" Noah raised a brow, his smile still in tact.

"Don't test me Greengrass, I know your type. You claim you love someone when in fact you use them." Severus snarled at him.

Noah chuckled. "Listen here Severus, I only have good intentions at heart for Viola. Unlike some, who are Death Eaters...." He trailed off, turning around and he heard Severus scoff.

"You're not a saint either. You bear the same mark as I do. You can't fake that, or deny that."

Noah turned around again, jaw tensed and he walked up to Severus, pulling up both his sleeves. "Tell me where the mark is, please."

Severus looked down, seeing nothing but Noah's bare forearms and he glared at him, whipping around and he stormed off. That's another thing Noah hated about being a bloody Greengrass. People assumed he was Death Eater immediately, the automatically saw an evil man in him and Noah hated that.

Viola was already seated when Noah entered, next to Oliver Wood and Noah smiled softly when he saw the two tease each other. He watched as Viola rolled her eyes at something Oliver said and she stuck her tongue out at him. The lesson dragged on, Noah not really focusing on his work because everytime he saw Viola, he imagined that devilish grin of hers, even when she was staring at the stars outside.

"So," Viola began, propping herself on his desk, her devilish grin across her face. "The night is still young."

"That indeed it is." Noah nodded, smiling. "Have you ever thought of settling down?"

Viola pursed her lips and Noah wished he could take a picture, just to show her how beautiful she truly is. "Well, with Gilderoy yes, with someone else I thought I loved, yes. I still want to." She sighed. "I want to have children Noah, but all the men I like are either frau ━ gits or mysterious or just downright stupid."

"Am I in that list?" Noah raised a brow.

"You're floating towards it." Viola shrugged, hopping off to go to the telescope. Noah then remembered what James told him. "One of the constellations Viola loved was Sirius, partially because of Sirius, who we thought was our friend. And then there was Capricorn, Pisces and Leo."

"Did you take Astronomy?" Noah asked, walking towards her, wanting to run his fingers through her hair so badly but he refrained himself.

"You bet I did, top of my class." She told him, still peeking through the telescope. "I did apply but Rori got the job. And then you." She looked up. "Not that I'm saying you're a bad teacher or anything, you're phenomenal."

Phenomenal. That word stuck to Noah even when he went to sleep, tossing and turning. Phenomenal. That's what his mother used to call his brother, who was a Death Eater, and obviously the better Greengrass. But phenomenal had a new meaning now, because Viola called him phenomenal. It wasn't a word that haunted him all his life long now, no, it was a word he wanted to be called over and over again. All because Viola Winchester called him phenomenal.

.   .   .   .

an. So as you can see, it's beginning🙈🙈 aslo I'm sad that this only has three ❨ still deciding on whether it should be two or three ❩ acts 😪,,, anyway I wish Noah could marry me