━ twenty one, girls like you

FREAK
act two, chapter twenty one
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1993
.   .   .   .

"𝗔re you sure it will work?" Viola asked Madam Ponfrey, teary eyed as she clutched Noah's stiff, outstretched hand and the elderly Matron smiled sadly at her.

"We don't know, but we're hoping." She told her then proceeded to pur some of the nasty ❨ in Viola's point of view ❩ looking liquid in his open mouth. "I have to go do the rest." Madam Pomfrey looked like she rolled her eyes when she said, "Including that cat."

Viola chuckled a bit. She's always hated Mrs Norris, mainly because she got her in trouble in the first place. But then again Viola supposes that if Mrs Norris hadn't landed her in detention, she wouldn't have friends right now.

"It's not your fault." James suddenly spoke and Viola yelped, covering her mouth and she glared at her stupid friend. James sheepishly peeled off the Invisibility Cloak and grinned at Viola.

"I know James. I might not be in love with him, but he's still the father of my child and I have to be here, even if it wasn't my fault." Viola grimly spoke, looking at Noah's face again, waiting for the antidote to work and it seemed like it wasn't going to work anytime soon. "I'm going to grab something from the kitchens for Noah, want anything?"

"Just water will be fine." James replied, fixing his glasses and he looked at the petrified Noah. "You two are perfectly perfect for each other, yet you're pinning over greasy head."

The blond rolled her eyes. "Stuff it Prongs." She told him, standing up and let go of Noah's hand. Just as she was about to walk away, something grabbed her hand. At first, thinking it was James and his stupidity, Viola drew her wand, ready to hex him ❨ they're in a Hospital Wing, she's sure Madam Pomfrey will patch him up in no time ❩ but her mouth hung open when she turned around and her wand clattered against the white, ceramic tiles. "It worked!" She cried out, already hugging Noah.

"Take it easy on him Mad Hatter." James said to his friend, a small smile on his face as he watched Viola hug the now awake Noah lifeless.

"Stuff it Prongs, he's awake! Everyone's going to wake up!" She smiled at him and just then, Harry Potter walked in with Ron Weasley trailing behind him and Gilderoy being led by Wynter, her makeup ruined by her tears and when she saw Viola, she ran towards her, crushing into her with a hug.

"He doesn't remember anything, including me." Wynter cried, sniffing rather loudly in Viola's ear and the blond patted her back awkwardly.

"How'd that happen?" Viola asked Wynter, trying to ignore James scolding Harry for the cuts and bruises on his face. Viola noticed he cradled his right arm and tried hiding it from his father.

"He tried to Obliviate them, so they say." Wynter made some type of noise and Viola told her to sit down, for she was going to fetch her water and Wynter glumly nodded.

"Are you okay?" Viola asked Gilderoy, who stared at her, a goofy smile on his face.

"Dear me, you're absolutely stunning. I'd introduce myself, but I'm afraid I don't know who I am, funny right?" He chuckled, his smile never fading and Viola bit her lower lip. I'm sorry Roy.

"Viola Winchester, and you're Gilderoy Lockhart. Lovely to see you again... Roy." She smiled at him before she skipped out the doors. Viola never thought her heart would ever break for the Lockhart siblings.

.   .   .   .

NOAH GREENGRASS
1993
.   .   .   .

"𝗜t just felt like nothing, you know what I mean?" Noah and Viola sat in the Astronomy Tower that night after dinner, Viola staring at the stars and Noah smiling a little to himself as he watched her.

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Viola nodded and turned to look at Noah, who now sported a sad smile on his face. Viola will never love him the way he loved her, he's seen how pure her love towards Severus is, he could see how much she just wanted to express her love for him but she couldn't. "You alright there?"

Noah sighed. Is he alright? He didn't know. He was petrified ❨ still shaken over that ❩ and he was watching the person he grew to love, love another and that just bloody hurt him. Why couldn't be have just one slice of happiness in his life? Why was he born a Greengrass? Couldn't he have been a Black? Or yet better, Severus Snape?

"I'm just thinking, that's all." He shrugged, lying right through his teeth and he saw Viola purse her lips, her brows furrowed in worry and right there and then, Noah wanted to stand up, go pack all his belongings and just march out the castle, never look back and hope to never see Viola Winchester again because he loved her, blimey, he did and she'd never love him back.

"While you were petrified, James told me something. He said we're perfectly perfect for each other and yet I'm pinning over Sev." She sighed. "I'm sorry I don't love you like that Noah, I wish I could, really, I do. Then maybe I can move on with my life because right about now, I'm stuck just wanting to kiss Severus senseless and let him do stuff to me."

Noah sighed, a deep, heavy sigh. "It's fine." He told her but he knew deep down, it wasn't.

"Noah?"

"Yes?"

"Close your eyes." Viola ordered and Noah blinked at her.

"What?"

"Just close your eyes." Still very confused and slightly alarmed because hey, it's Viola, Noah closed his eyes and waited for a few seconds, just where he was about to open his eyes, he felt the softest lips known to mankind press against his and at first, he thought it was a joke. Why would Viola be kissing him when she's in love with Severus? But as he peeked a little, there she was, kissing him, her eyes closed and Noah kissed her back, savoring every second of the kiss.

Viola was first to pull away and she smiled at Noah. "Goodbye Noah."

Noah smiled sadly, watching as she stood up, placing one last kiss on his lips before she disappeared. "Goodbye Viola." He whispered into the night air, silently wondering where he went wrong with his life.

.   .   .   .

an. If you saw it, then yes, the last few paragraphs were inspired by that one episode were Felicity visits Barry and they kiss on the train. I'm sad because next chapter is the last one, then it's the epilogue and no more Vi. 😔😭🤧