━ two, the paranoia of a coffee drinking freak

FREAK
act one, chapter two
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1991
.   .   .   .

𝗛e'll escape his prison... Not what you think... Not who you expect... He'll escape...

Viola shot up in bed, panting and she glanced over to the clock she had on her bedside before she groaned. 4:15. For some reason, the thing Trelawney told her a week ago haunted her. Viola kept on thinking it might be Sirius who will escape, he's in Azkaban after all, a prison. But then again, no one has ever escaped Azkaban before, so she supposed it won't be him. Maybe it could be Remus, he isn't in a prison like Azkaban but the walls of his house, Viola knows, have become like a prison to him. She knows that her house had been like a prison, even if it was eleven years since James and them died, and it can't be James or Lily or Peter. They're dead for Merlin's sake. Viola decided to wake up and get ready for the day even though it was still very early. After cleaning herself up, she went down to the kitchens, where she got herself a cup of coffee. She was prepared to leave when she noticed someone with a mop of messy black hair and glasses. James? She thought, squinting her eyes. No, James is dead, it's not James. Just his son.

"Harry?" Viola called out and Harry looked up from where he sat, and Viola found herself looking into Lily's emerald eyes and her throat closed up. Don't cry, not in front of their kid Viola! "Are you alright?"

"Yes Professor Winchester." Harry nodded, fiddling with the golden plate of treacle tart he had before him and Viola frowned. He wasn't alright, she knew this because whenever James said he was alright, although he wasn't, he'd fiddle with his plate, cup, anything he could get his hands on.

"You're not Harry, you can tell me if something or someone is bothering you." Viola kindly offered, sliding in beside him.

"Nothing is bothering me Professor ━"

"Harry, you're the son of two of my best friends and I've lived with them, I know their mannerisms and you're doing exactly what James would do whenever he isn't alright. And you're doing that thing Lily did with her lips. Besides, you're a terrible lier, just like James."

"You knew my parents?" Harry asked, emerald eyes staring up at her and Viola reminded herself not to cry. He isn't James, he isn't Lily either, he's his own person who just resembled James and Lily a lot.

"Knew them? Blimey Harry, I was best mates with them." She chuckled a bit. "But don't avoid the topic at hand, what is bothering you? You know you can tell me. I really won't judge you."

"Er ━ I don't think I'm comfortable with ━ um ━ telling you my problems Professor." Harry awkwardly said, scratching the back of his head and for a moment, he was James, trying to ask Lily out, glasses askew and Viola smiled fondly at the memory. She had gone with him because Sirius was in detention, Remus was studying and Peter was with Marlene McKinnon.

"That's alright, I'll see you in class." Viola smiled at the boy, downing the bit of her coffee and stood up. "Oh and Harry?" She began, tears already lining her eyes as she stared into the familiar eyes of Lily. "You have your mother's eyes."

.   .   .   .

𝗘ven with coffee pumping through her veins, Viola felt tired and she just wanted to sleep. But she knew if she slept, the words Trelawney uttered would just haunt her again. She was currently helping Severus clean up the class after Cedric Diggory's class and he had yet again asked her the same question he asked her last week when the cauldron flew towards her and Severus, and she had used Depulso just in time.