Chapter 34.

Chapter 34

~Maya~

Men surrounded the place in a protective stance when Elijah and I stepped of the car. Elijah rounded the car and stood beside me wrapping his arm around me in a possessive way that screamed who I was to him.

He stepped forward towards the man door but I couldn’t bring myself to follow him. Inside that place was where my worst nightmare was held captive. My breathing accelerated just think about seeing him again.

Elijah turned towards and he was in front of me in an instant, his big hands cupping my face. “Look at me, angel.”

I opened my eyes and met his firm ones, willing to take some of the strength from him. “He can’t hurt you now, angel.” He said. “And we both will make sure of it.”

I nodded and stepped forward taking the lead with my shoulders straight and chin up. This has been going on all my life and this needs to end now. I won’t let this stuff taint any part of my future now. Nor will anyone ever hurt my baby.

Elijah opened the door and led me straight to the stairs that descended towards a dark basement. A shiver went down my spine but this wasn’t the time to back down.

There was only a single metal door in the dimly lit hallway. I took a long deep breath waiting for Elijah o open the door. When he didn’t make any move I turned to him only to find him looking at me with a face devoid of any expression.

My hands shook as I moved to open the door to where my hell was. I don’t know how long passed but I couldn’t turn the knob. It was then I saw a hand moved on top of mine and turn it with me. I looked up to Elijah and saw so much love in his eyes that made my eyes welled up.

I knew I wasn’t alone and he was making sure of it.

As the door opened I had to cover my mouth and nose and resist the urge to throw up as the waft of disgusting scent mixed with blood and urine burst through the door.

A soothing hand cover my back and pushed a bit, making me take a step inside.

The room was dimly lit and two men stood on opposite corners. A table cover with all the tools and knifes was placed on the side of the room and in middle of all this was a chair were my demon sat unconscious.

His entire body was covered in blood and not a single piece of cloth resided his body. I had no idea what  to think about myself at that moment because the only thing I wanted was to kill the monster who almost ruined me again.

Elijah dismissed the two guards with a wave of his hand and they left closing the door with a slam.

Determination filled me as I took a step forward. Elijah stepped passed me and stood in front of him and then a gasp left me when the sound of a hard smack around the room.

“Wake the fuck up.” Elijah growls almost inhumanly and smacked him again.

Elijah went towards where a bucket was placed and picked it up. As he smashed the water that was in the bucket on Jackson a painful gasp filled the room.

He coughed hard, almost as if no air entered his lungs but there was not an ounce of pity that I felt at that moment.

His eyes snapped open and instantly found me standing there right in front of him.

“You nasty bitch.” He spitted out almost venomously. He swallowed hard and winced as though saying three words were far more painful.

I had only one question. One answer that could lead me towards the peace I always wanted. “Why did you do all of this.”

He laughed then grunted in pain. His voice sounded as an ugly growl when he spoke again. “Why did I do what? Treat you like the whore you are? I did what your mother has been doing all her life, whoring herself out. I just introduced you to your legacy you ungrateful bitch.” He took a deep breath where as I held my own. Hoping that one word from his mouth would make sense. “I would’ve sold you that night if that asshole didn’t come barging in with those pigs. Would’ve earned a lot of money out of you.” He laughed again and I had to resist the urge to throw up.

I looked up at Elijah and the hate I saw in his eyes was way too much. He looked up and met my eyes. I nodded and turned around. Done with him and ready to forget about all of this.

“I’ll be waiting outside.” Not waiting for the answer I slipped out, but not before his words fell in my ears. “Where are you going? Get back here sweetheart. We can figure this out.” His voice filled with panic as he begged for mercy did almost nothing to my heart. A flash of peace filled me when Elijah stepped towards and held his hand out for me.

It was as if he was giving me a choice. A choice to step forward with him. I smiled up at him and interlocked my fingers with him. As if a life without him in it is a choice.

Contentment filled me as I placed my hand on my belly and the other was in my other half’s clasp as he led us out of this hideous place.

A guy stood just outside the main door, he looked like he owned the place. The intensity of his stare straightened m back as I stepped closer to Elijah.

Sensing my discomfort, Elijah stepped in front of the man. “Angel, this is Dylan, the man who helped us.”

I looked up at his brown eyes and watched as they softened a bit as he looked at me. “I believe congratulations are in order.”

I smiled at him and rubbed my belly. “Thank you, so much. For helping me and everything.” I said softly, my eyes welling up with tears of gratefulness over this guy. He was no more of a stranger to me but what he did for me was far beyond any other would do.

As if he could hear my thoughts, he nodded and stepped back, allowing us a way back to our car. “You have nothing to worry about. Everything will be taken care of.” I knew what that meant. Jackson would be out of our lives for good. And I didn’t feel a single bit of sympathy for that monster.

“Thank you. If there’s anything that we can do in future, please let us know.”

“I will remember that. Unless you need to get away from this jackass right over here.” He flipped his thumb towards Elijah, who was watching our exchange in silence with a small smile on his face. “Here’s my card, call me whenever.”

I laughed at the frown Elijah had on his face when Dylan said that and even harder when his face changed in surprise when I accepted the offered card. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“That’s it.” Elijah growled in the back of throat and swept me in his arms. A startled yelp escaped me as he led us towards the car. “Thank you so much Dylan.” I said from Elijah’s shoulder.

Dylan laughed and waved. His face entirely changed when he smiled and looked extremely handsome. But not as handsome as my caveman who carried me in the car muttering about the insufferable people in his life.

I closed my eyes and let the happiness and freedom wrap me in a tight embrace. With no more darkness left to face, we were taking a step into a bright future.

I turned Elijah’s face towards me and brought his lips to mine, kissing him with as much love as I could.

I’ve got him and I vowed at that moment that I was never letting him go.

*****