Chapter 20.

Chapter 20.

~Elijah~

As I watched her sleep peacefully in my arms, my mind diverted towards what she said.

'Stupid of me to believe I could ever have a normal life. That even if God took my father from me, he gave me another one to protect me.'

All night my mind filled with thousands of ways to kill that bastard.

Determination filled me as I vowed that not a hair of her head would ever be hurt ever again.

That motherfucker would pay for hurting what was mine and I would make sure of it.

I removed myself from my safe haven, trying hard not to wake her up. Her eyes still puffy from all the crying and dark circles covered here lovely eyes.

Taking my phone, I left the room, going straight to the kitchen while dialling a number that can either help me or ruin me.

"You must have a death wish Frost." His way of greeting didn't surprise me. His promise to never see me again was about to break but I needed him. And with his help, I could take down any nightmare my angel had to suffer.

"I need to redeem that favour you own me Cross" I said. Dylan Cross approached me two years ago when his wife was kidnapped by a mafia circle. Using my high connections and resources we were able to save her but the emotional trauma that Emily suffered was something no one should go through.

"Ahh. Who is she?" I could detect his nasty smirk through his voice and it made me want to punch it of his face.

"She's mine and someone had the audacity to hurt her." My blood boiled remembering the horrendous tale Maya told me. The urge to shelter her in my arms far far away from here was too strong to ignore but I had a few matter to solve. I had both mine and her demons to slaughter before we could have the peace we both desperately crave.

The resources I used to save Emily had come with a price that I had no control over them again. I couldn't ask for anymore favours but Dylan had successfully gained their trust and friendship when he generously helped them in their organization. And now I needed them to get a certain bastard away from his home and into my hell, so I could tell the world. Show them what would happen if they ever touch my angel.

"What is it that you want?" He got serious. Knowing the rage of someone touching what wasn't theirs.

I was about to answer when I heard quite footsteps behind. I swirled around and every tension left my tight body when my eyes connected to Maya's.

"I'll call you later" I ended the call before he could say anything. Too desperate to feel my angels slender body against mine.

"Come here." His eyes lit up and a small smile graced her lips as she took the final steps towards me. I opened my arms and she crashed right into them. It felt like everything was right in place again.

"Everything okay?" She asked in a small voice. I knew what she was asking. Asking if last night had changed anything between us. My stupid angel.

Swiftly picking her up, I placed her on her kitchen counter and placed myself between her legs. "There nothing in the world that can ruin anything between us." I took a hold of her cheeks "I promise you that I will diminish every problem, every nightmare of yours and love you like no other."

I kissed her then without waiting for her reply, sealing my vow for life. She was my present ad future and I will kill any past that threatens to destroy that.