Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

~Maya~

I might be the worlds most indecisive person too exist. But it's not like I was given a choice. He basically threatened me to go out with him.

With my hands shoved up my hair and my pacing getting aggressive every second. I just didn't know how I'd deal with this.

Kyle sitting on the couch having the first row seat to my misery. "You know you want him Maya. So what's the big deal?" Shrugging his wide shoulders he continued staring at me with a bored expression.

I whirled around to him my mouth gaping open. "Why are you so calm right now? Where's that protective older brother act you were just doing earlier? 'Hello Jacob'" I mimicked his hard, cold words that even made a powerful guy like Elijah Frost flinch.

"First of all I don't sound like that. Second, I had to show him that you aren't alone. That if he messes with you. He messes with me"

I softened hearing him. I knew I could always depend on him.

And then he went and opened his mouth again.

"And its quite clear you both want each other and he is actually doing something about it. 

Whereas you are being nothing but a big wuss."

"I'm not being a wuss. I'm just scared." I finally confessed.

"What is there to be afraid of? Did he do something yesterday?" He sat up in alert. Of course his mind will go there.

"No he didn't do anything bad. He was perfect" Sagging my shoulders I went to where Kyle was sitting and sat beside him leaning my head on his shoulder. "That's what I'm afraid of. What if this doesn't mean anything to him but means the world to me? I know how I feel. Last night was truly magical for me. And I'm not ready for not having my heart broken again."

Kyle shifted making me sit up straight. He turned towards me and looked me straight in the eyes. 

"Maya baby girl, you have nothing to be afraid of. You are the same girl who beat the shit out of you ex-boss when he made a sexual advance on you. You are the bravest and the most badass girl I know and I do know that you need to move on and give him a chance. I know you can't trust him but him a chance to prove himself worthy of you. What Tom did? That was fucked up. I know but it's high time you take a step forwards and live."

I knew whatever he was saying was true. But was I willing to step forward? Because I knew. If I let myself get too deep with Elijah. I might not get out.

*****

I was in my room sanding in from of my closet looking at my dull dresses. I had two hours before Elijah showed up. And I had no idea what I should do.

The door to my room opened and Kate sauntered in like this was her damn world.

"I come baring gifts" Only then did I notice her hands full of shopping bags.

"What are those?" Walking towards the bed. Where my "gifts" were. I saw number of dresses and shoes.

"Kyle called and told me you were going out of your mind with what to wear and needed help."

"Yes thank you. I do need your help" Pulling out all the dresses the spread them out on the bed. 

Kate was the ultimate fashionista. Anything less than her standards was supposed to be in the trash.

"You need to let me change your wardrobe. Consider you're going to be the will a Americas most eligible bachelor. You need to high up your standards."

Guess I wont be needing to tell her anything by myself. Thank you Kyle.

With my hands on my hips, I turned towards her and narrowed my eyes "He gets me the way I am. I'm not gonna change the way I dress just because my styling sense might embarrass him."

Picking up a beautiful black dress with spaghetti straps, I made my way to the washroom. "And he's not shallow like that. At all"

Finally after hours of choosing dresses and letting Kate do my makeup I stood in front of the mirror looking at myself feeling far more beautiful than I ever did. Kate really did know magic.

"You look so stunning babe" Kate said standing behind me with an extremely proud face.

Suddenly feeling shy I mumbled a thank you.

As soon as I took my phone to look at the time, the door knocked announcing his arrival. Taking a deep breathe, I moved to open the door when I saw Kyle already there having the same weird glaring competition with Elijah.

Rolling my eyes, I walked towards them, praying all mighty that I don't fall from these ridiculously high heels.

Elijah was partially hidden behind Kyle's large frame. Not that Elijah was short. His 6'3 made me look like a dwarf.

Shoving Kyle to the side I came face to face with Elijah and my heart literally stopped for a second. He usually looked good in anything but right now he look exceptionally delicious in his navy blue suit and tie that matched his eyes.

As soon as his gaze shifted from Kyle to me. He sucked in a sharp breathe. I guess I do look good then.

"Hi" sounding embarrassingly breathless I mentally face palmed myself. Way to let him know how much he affects you.

Clearing his throat, he took a step closer to me like it was physically hard for him to stay away. 

"You look absolutely stunning." I might be melted from the inside but I knew something wasn't ashamed to show her swoon.

Kate took a step beside me and and raised her hand for a handshake. "Hello Mr. Frost. I'm Kate, Maya best friend and the reason she looks so glamorously beautiful tonight"

Elijah shook her hand but there was a slight frown between his eyes.

"You have done an amazing job Kate" He said dropping his hands and moving his eyes to mine, a small smile on his lips. "Very little job though. You have to agree that a beauty like her needs no work at all. It all comes naturally"

I was done. Who was this man and what has he done with my extremely sometimes rude boss?

"Holy shit" Both Kyle and Kate exclaimed at the same time.

Kate leaned towards me and said "Take him away from me or else don't be mad if I jump his bones right now"

Elbowing her slightly, I stepped towards him "Should we get going?"

"Yes please" Together we stepped out of the apartment and walked towards the elevator

Behind I could hear Kyle and Kate whispering loud and clear.

"Look at that ass Kyle."

"I am looking Kate where else would I look"

"Who has an ass so tight like that"

I turned to glare at them and Kate winked before pulling Kyle in and shutting the door

Mortified that Elijah could listen as well I turned to apologize when I saw him try to surpass his laugh but his shaking shoulders gave him away.

"This is embarrassing. Please don't mind them" I said but even my lips turned up with a smile. He looked extra hot when he smiled.

"I just heard two people checking out my ass and liking it. What's there to be embarrassed about?" he winked and I legit melted all over again.

This was the same Elijah I met the first day when he pretended to be Jacob. Relaxed, charming and comfortable. I don't know how long he will last like this. But I'm willing to enjoy every second of it.