Chapter 7.

CHAPTER 7

The day was over before I knew it. Where I thought I would just have to attend some calls and forwards the important ones and ignore the ones on the list Maria gave me. There were thousands of files that needed to be organized and I couldn't be any happier with the distraction. The shock of Jacob being Elijah Frost was forgotten when I got a look in my office.

Looking at the time I was not surprised that it was eight where as everyone rushed out the building at exactly six. Grabbing my bag and locking the door behind me. I started towards the elevator when I saw light coming out of Elijah's office. Tip toeing slowly, probably looking like a weirdo, making sure I dont attract any attention especially not his. I was almost there when I suddenly felt hair on neck standing up and I knew he was right there behind me. After everything that happened I was still very much aware of him.

"What are you doing here at this time Miss Campbell?" He asked

I didnt want to but still slowly turned around looking at him, straightening my back. Where his face looked almost stern, his eyes showed his amusement probably laughing at my hunched over weird walking. Looking anywhere but I said "Umm, there were some files that needed organizing" I shrugged "Well not some, A lot of files. I didnt realize it was this late." Still not looking at him, I heard him walking towards me and tensed. Not really comfortable with him.

"It's your first day Maya. You dont need to be here this late. Take it easy." He said softly and only then did I looked up meeting his gaze. They were filled with warmed and tender which confused me. Shouldnt he be mad at me for what happened this morning?

"Come on, let me take you come."

"NO!" I was mortified by the way I screamed than by the offer. "I mean its totally okay. I can call a cab. You dont have to have to do that." I said, trying to cover up my outburst. But he didnt look one bit shocked. Only amused.

Why was he doing this? Why wasnt I fried the minute he saw me? What is going to happen next? Is this his way of getting back at me? Thousands of questions rushed around my mind, making me sick.

"Hey its okay. I wont force you. Just calm down" His hands on my arms slowly shaking me. It took me a minute to realize what he meant. My breathing was harsh and I knew I paled. I was never the one to show weakness but today just had me on edge.

"Just sit here." Taking me to the waiting area in front of Maria's desk I sat down trying to calm my heart. "Hey its okay. Look at me."

I closed my eyes, trying to block everything out. Taking my shaky hands in his warm hard ones he demanded "Just look at me Maya"

I slowly opened my tear filled eyes. Looking at his hands in mine it was weirdly comforting. Turning my gaze to his I knew I had to clear this frantic air between us. If I had to work here in piece I had to mend fix myself and whatever awkwardness between us.

"I'm sorry" I blurted out, embarrassed. Looking earnestly in his eyes, trying to show how sincere I was.

"About what? Theres nothing for you to apologize for." He said in a stern voice.

"This morning, I know you were expecting something and I reacted in the worst way possible and ran away looking like a maniac and I appreciate you calling Kyle. Now I know this can be really awkward me working for you but I assure you that I will give my level best and...."

"Hey hey slow down" he interrupted my rant. When i looked at him he had a soft smile on his face and I finally relaxed. "Listen to me carefully now" He said with a raised eyebrow and I nodded give him my attention. "Last night was amazing" He grin widened at my shocked look. 

"Yea I wanted to fuck you. Who wouldnt? But I finally had a night that actually made me relaxed. I laughed after a long time and at that moment I really just wanted too talk." My jaw was probably on the floor. He, Elijah Frost. Actually enjoyed my company? Hell no. "And theres nothing about this morning that would make us working together awkward at all. Today you were absolutely professional and Maria told me about how you handled that messed up office and I completely trust her with her choice" He smiled again and I couldnt help returning it and sighed in relief.

"I promise to never bring this up again. This morning and last night never happened. I will give you and this company my everything" I said with a confidant nod and he returned it with a smile. Something flashed in his eyes but it was gone before I could place it."Now come on. Let me drop you off, its not safe to take a cab." Not wanting to make this anymore weird I reluctantly nodded and prayed to God that his messed up shit never happened again.

*****Mr. Frost pulled over in front of my apartment and I saw his disgust regarding my neighborhood. 

This was the least unsafe place in my opinion but this was all Kyle and I could afford. Giving him a small thanks which he returned with a nod I climbed out of this way to flashy car and rushed inside my building. Only then did i hear his car start and pull away.

Entering my apartment, I was kind of glad when I didnt hear Kyle. I just wanted some time to adjust to everything that happened today.

Last night was the most fun I had in years. Going out with Kyle and Kate was always the same but yesterday was something entirely different. yesterday I was completely myself and it was really refreshing. When he held my hands today, I felt the warmth running down my body. Nobody ever had such an affect on me. Even with Tom I used to always be reserved.It was never about affection with him. The sex was never about me and I was grateful. He never touched me and just got what he wanted. So why did I wanted to be touched by him. Why did he ignite so much fire in me with just one touch.

I know one thing though. If it wasnt for the nightmare. I would have given into him completely and that thought scares me. No one can have that much power on me and I would never give into anyone ever again. Especially not my boss.

*****