Chapter 3.

CHAPTER 3.

Heat rushed to my cheeks when I realized what I said. Wide eyed, I looked at him and instantly relaxed when i saw him giving me a soft smile. It didnt have a trace of mocking in it and I knew I didnt make a fool out of myself right now infront of the most gorgeous man I've ever seen.

"I'm so sor..."

"Its okay. Instead I should thank you. Its not everyday I get such compliments from the most beautiful woman in the room" He said with a kind smile and I relaxed but my blush seem to darken and that only made it more amusing for him.

"Its hard to believe you dont get compliments. You are quite beautiful" I said and wanted to hit myself with the same bat I wrecked Max with.

"This is so hard to watch" Kate murmured again and I couldnt agree more but Mr. intense's smile only seem to deepen.

"So about that drink?" He asked in that deep voice again and I was surprised with a rush of arousal that went straight between my legs.

"Sure. I would like that" I said looking anywhere but him. Suddenly feeling nervous. I needed that drink as soon as possible "I'm Maya by the way."

"Jacob" He said after a moment which was weird. Why would he hesitate to give his name. I internally shrugged and gave him my order.

"Is there a reason you're here today Maya?" Gosh darn it the way he said my name. I was so close to accept Kates offer about getting laid if it meant ending up in bed with him.

"I um, I got a new job I worked quite hard at getting. It has been a dream since I graduated that I work there." I said softly, not wanting to show how excited I actually was and appear more weird than I ready did.

"Thats great. I know you'll nail it" He said with a soft smile on his face.

"Thats sweet of you to say."

I lifted my glaze up to his and met with the same intense eyes as before. I could help but stare back, my panties definitely soaked. I licked my dry lips and his glaze immediately went to my lips.

 I watched as his eyes darken causing me to speed up my breathe. I want him so bad. Wasn't it just now that I got pissed when Kate suggested getting laid. Why was I thinking about it now? How was he any different than the other men in my past? My thoughts got interrupted when Kyle came and wrapped his arm around my waist in a protective stance. The way Jacobs eyes tightened I knew it was not a move appreciated. But it wasn't Kyles fault his first instinct was to protect me.

"Are you okay baby girl?" Kyle asked me softly but by the look on his face. I knew he was trying to make a point. And by the looks of it that point was not being delivered the way it should be.

"I'm fine. Jacob here is buying me a drinks. Its okay." I said and jabbed my elbow in his ribs but that didnt seem to do anything to stop the staring competition between the two men.

Our drinks were delivered and and took mine immediately taking a big sip, hoping they would quit the stand off.

"Kyle stop it, its just a drink. its not like im going to marry him. Calm down please." I said softy, making sure Jacob doesnt hear my words. I dont wanna embarrass my self any further. Kyle relaxed slightly and smile at me taking a sip of my drink and going towards where Kate and Danny sat.

"I'm sorry. Kyles a little protective. He can be such a big brother at times." I said shyly, suddenly nervous that Kyle ruined it for me. I weirdly wanted to see where this night might take me. Damn my hormones!