Counsler Max & Camper (Y/n)

Growing up Max was sent to a scam of a camp named Camp Campbell.

It was a place full of kids who had big dreams that were quickly crushed by the realization of the lie. It wasn't all bad tho, he worked along side a childhood friend named Nikki, a woman who loved nature and helped Max get this job. Their third co-worker was Neil, a guy who just graduated college and is having a hard time finding a decent job. Max? He was just trying to find a place in the world. He lived in a nearby city and needed the extra cash.

It was a yearly thing. The three had worked at this camp for years. This year being the fifth year.

"We actually have a new camper this summer!" Nikki shouted

The three were unpacking at the cabin. Max has convinced her to sleep in the building this time and not sleep on the floor outside like a dog. She got one side of the Cabin while him and Neil had bunk beds in the other side.

"A new camper?" Neil asked, unpacking his counsler t-shirt. "I don't want to deal with any complaints though, my anxiety can't handle that shit,"

Nikki continued to read the paper work, her smile quickly fell flat. Max's eyebrows raised at her reaction.

"Nik? What happened?" Max turned to her, now crossing his arms

She only handed Neil the papers. Neil rolled his eyes before skimming through the papers, his eyes then widen.

"(Y/n) (L/n), age 8." Neil handed Max the papers, "Her foster parents are sending her to this camp. They didn't even bother to fill out a camp activity for her,"

Max's face remained stone cold. They didn't even bother to mail in a picture or any contact information. He kept his eyes on the enrollment form, remembering her name.

(Y/n), huh?

~~~

The trio of counslers waited for the bus to pull up. Nikki had the Campbell salute while holding a clipboard with all the campers names. Neil and Max had their arms crossed.

"It's way to hot for this shit," Max complained. He took off his blue hoodie and tied it around his waist.

As the bus pulled up, Max could feel his migraine worsen. The bus slowly pulled into a stop, the doors opened to reveal Quartermaster sitting inside, "campers here,"

"Great," Neil muttered under his breath

Nikki smile shined bright, "Welcome Campbell campers!"

The first off the bus was a familiar face who was trying to avoid the three, stuffing his pogs inside his backpack before Neil stopped him.

"Not so fast Jasper," Neil had his arm extended, "hand over the pog collection,"

Jasper glared up at the man before forcefully handing him one pog. Neil knew he had more, but didn't bother to ask for the rest.

"Go to the activities field," Neil muttered

Jasper stuck his tounge out before walking off.

The next off the bus was a little girl with large glasses that had a gleam from her obnoxiously large tablet. She nearly missed the last step before being pulled away from her redhead friend.

"Gwen! Stop reading fanfiction were here!"

Max rolled his eyes when he heard the high pitched voice. God save him from this nightmare.

"MAAAX!" David shouted. The little redhead then pushed Gwen onto the ground and jumped over her

Neil and Nikki snickered. Since David first arrived, he has it in his head that Max is a great outdoorsman. While he's nothing for the sorts David still had a high respect for the man.