Father's Day (Counsler Mom!Reader x Max)

Requested by: Achievedream19

This is an AU where Max is (Y/n)'s biological son. He still looks like his character, but his eyes are the same color as (Y/n)'s.

This also has mentions of Dadvid, it's one of my favorite AUs!

~~~

"-i still don't understand why your being such a little shit today,"

"Maybe next time don't let David stare at you like you're a porn star!"

"I didn't ask to be stared at!" (Y/n) shouted, "you ever thought about that?"

"Well it seemed like you were since you didn't stop it!" Max shouted back, "What would Dad say?"

It was another typical day at Camp Campbell. The mother-son duo were at each other's throats again, expect this time things were escalating farther than the norm.

"Max," (Y/n) started, "Your father is-"

"I know," Max fell into his seat

The two were hiding in the counselor cabin, where the arguing started. Max was currently seating in one of the couch chairs. (Y/n) sighed and sat ontop of her desk.

"Mom," Max ask softly, "Does Dad hate me?"

(Y/n) looked up, surprised, "No Max. Of course he doesn't hate you!"

"Then," Max stopped and looked out the window, "Why did he leave?"

(Y/n)'s eyes filled with anxiety. She opened her mouth, but no words came out.

Damn it.

How-

She took a deep breath, "Max, you're father was a great guy... At one point."

It should've been odvious to her from the beginning. But how was she supposed to know that David wanted to do father's day cards?

The two stayed in silence as (Y/n) looked at Max again.

"He may be your father, but he's not your Dad,"

"What the hell do you mean, Mom?" Max looked at her, a little bit confused and hurt

"I mean," she said, "Dad is a label you can put on someone who is that male figure in your life. The only person who can decide who it is, it's you,"

Max stood up and began to walk out, slamming the door behind me. (Y/n) put her head down and sighed again.

~~~

Max walked through the camp, glaring at the other campers who were doing their cards. He sat himself down next to Niel and Nikki, who were doing their own cards.

"You done being a brat?" Niel asked as he wrote inside his card

"I'm done with your shit, if that's what you mean," Max replied back.

"Do you two think I should add more wolves onto my card? Or is three enough?" Nikki thought outloud, but was ingored by the two boys

Max rolled his eyes and grabbed the nearest piece of paper and crayons. He thought for a moment on what his mom had said.

Someone who he'd consider a Dad. It didn't have to be the man who walked out on him and mom.

He looked around the adults. Gwen was currently scrolling mindlessly on her phone, Cameron and Quartermaster were talking about God knows what.

He wouldn't say they were, "Dad-figures"

Max groaned.

This was stupid. He didn't know a single person who he could consider a Dad. This was a stupid idea, why did he even think it was a good idea to come back and make a card for-

"Um, Nurf," David said as he looked closer at his card, "Writing "Happy Stabbing," isn't a good idea for a card,"

"Suck my dick, you asshole!"

Max blinked.

David? He couldn't stand that guy. Since him and his mom got to camp all he's done was try to get them to like Camp Campbell. David was the absolute fucking worst.

But...

Max looked down at his paper.

David did teach him how to swim. He was the one who's always making sure he was okay if his mom wasn't around.

Max grab the red crayon and began to draw on the paper.

~~~

(Y/n) walked out of the cabin after calming down. She began to look around the camp for her son.

It didn't take her long to see Max walk in a line with David. Most likely, the kids were going to the mess hall to mail in the cards.

(Y/n) frowned, seeing that Max did make a card. It wasn't that her ex was a bad person...

No he was. He was an asshole.

She walked over the mess hall to see each kid hand David the cards one by one. Max being in the end of the line. (Y/n) stood awkwardly next to David to see him write the addresses down on the envelopes then putting the stamp ontop.

As the last few campers passed, (Y/n)'s breath hitched when she saw Max. The two made eye contact. Max didn't look identical to (Y/n), but he had her (e/c) eyes.

Max then looked up at David, who now sensed the tension.

David wasn't stupid. He knew of the family drama of (Y/n)'s ex, to a certain degree. So he sorta guessed that Max had made him a card and was now expecting David to mailed it.

However, Max handed him the card. David looked down to see the cover, which his green eyes scanned in shock.

It wasn't addressed to Max's father, but to him.

David's name was written in a green crayon. As neat as a ten year old could write it.

(Y/n) looked also surprised, but remained quiet as David opened the card, only to for it to read-

Happy Father's Day or whatever

Asshole

P.S. don't bang my mom

(Y/n) gave Max an unamused look, but David smiled widely.

"YOU MADE ME A CARD!"

"DON'T HUG ME YOU ASSHOLE!"

(Y/n) gave them both a weak smile. Maybe working here at camp wasn't a mistake after all.

~~~

Expect for more updates on this book since it's SUMMER!! I got a ton of other requests I've done and I'm excited to show off!