Squid Game: 001

(Y/n) smiled weakly as the lady took her small, plastic bag. The ringing of the bell could be heard as she was once again left alone. The store lights flickered for only a second, before her ears rang with the buzz she's become accustomed to.

"Mom, I finished stocking the chips," a voice rang out

"Thanks, Max," she called out

Her and Max lived in a small apartment near the even smaller shop they run.

(Y/n) looked out the window to see a group of men walk closer to the empty shop. She felt her blood run cold as they approched them.

"Max," (Y/n)'s voice was full of panic, "Go to the back, now. Go hide!"

"Mom-"

"I said now Max," (Y/n) turned to him, raising her voice in the progress.

Max quickly dropped the box he was carrying and ran towards the back of the store. (Y/n) heard the cheap bell ring out, indicating someone had come in.

"Finally, here I thought I wasn't going to see you, Campwell," the male voice boomed

(Y/n) slowly turned over to see the two loansharks, already standing inside her store. She took notice that they blocked the door.

"So now, let's get straight into business," the main man extended his arms out, "We're here to collect this months payment,"

"Of course," (Y/n) raised her hand over the register.

After opening it and handing the day's worth of money over to them, the boss handed it over to his lackey. (Y/n) watched as he counted the money, before whispering to his boss. The man only smiled but to her, it was a condensing smirk.

"Ms. Campwell, we're going to need more than this,"

(Y/n)'s eyes went wide at what he said, "Sir, this is the agreement we've been doing for months!"

"I know sweetheart," He walked closer, "But you got my hands tied. Things aren't as simple as you just running away from your problems,"

"But you didn't tell me you needed more," (Y/n) looked around the store, "I still need to pay off this month's rent and-"

"Yet that's not our concern," he slammed his hand down on the counter

(Y/n) instinctively backed away from the hand that slammed down. He slowly raised his fist and pointed his finger up at her.

"Your going to pay double of what you owe us by the end of this month," He started off, his voice getting low

(Y/n)'s eyes followed his finger and it slowly traveled over to her collar.

"Or else you'll pay with your blood instead,"

"I'll pay you back," (Y/n) agreed

"Good girl," he gave her another sinister grin, "I'm sure we'll all get what we want,"

~~~

"Please, it'll just be for a few days," (Y/n)  raised her hands in a begging form, "Please,"

Carl, Max's best friend's Niel and Nikki's dad, looked over to see Max just sitting down on the porch waiting on the two. He peaked his head over to see the two adults continue to talk.

"Carl, I would never ask you for anything this drastic unless it was necessary," (Y/n) turned back to him, "It'll only be a couple of days, I need to try and save enough money just for this month,"

"I don't know, (Y/n)," Carl lifted his hand over his neck, "I mean ever since Candy left Nikki with me it's been difficult for me too. I mean I'm raising her and Niel,"