Little Ms. Perfect

Requested by ShitTheHotPockets

Gwen x Reader

I hope everyone had a happy Pride Month!

~~~

Straight hair, straight A's, straightforward
Straight path
I don't cut corners

(Y/n) silently smirked to herself as she saw her grades posted on her phone. Another semester in the bag. It wasn't hard to believe she had good grades when she spent all of her time studying. Thanks to it, she almost never truly worried about her grades.

It was the end of the school year. (Y/n) was at her dorm packing up her suitcase. Because of summer, she decided to get a job while she waited around for the next semester.

I make a point to be on time

The job in question was Camp Campbell. She figured working with kids would look great in her future resumes, so a summer can't be that bad.

Head of the student council
I don't black out at parties
I jam to Paul McCartney

(Y/n) walked down the dorm's hallway when she saw Jane, the vice president of the council here at her school. She gave her an excited smile and rushed over to (Y/n).

"(Y/n)!" She almost screamed, "Are you coming to my summer party?"

She gave Jane a polite smile, "No, sorry. I need to start driving off to Camp Campbell or I'll be late!"

"You're always working, why not take the afternoon off?" She have her a smirk, "Who knows you might see a cute boy~"

"Hard pass," (Y/n)'s grip tighten on her suitcase

"Well, I guess that's what happens when I try to invite Ms. Student council president," Jane joked

(Y/n) laughed a bit, "Good luck at reelections next year," She waved off.

If you ask me how I'm doing
I'll say...

The drive wasn't very long, thanks to (Y/n) leaving earlier. Although she will admit, the camp itself wasn't the best looking place.

(Y/n) stepped out of her car and continued to look around the camp. She walked a little bit forward when she saw a red-headed male.

The two made eye contact and he immediately smiled. He rushed over to her and extended his arm.

"You must be (Y/n)!" He gave her a large smile, "Golly I'm so glad your here! I can't wait for you to meet the kiddos in a week!"

"Thanks, David," (Y/n) shook his hand.

She remembered his name from the phone interview they held.

"How are you doing?" He asked to make conversation

"Well, hmm..."

I was adopted when I was two
My parents spoiled me rotten
Often I ask myself, "What did I do?"
To get as far as I've gotten

A little bit later, (Y/n) began to unpack in the cabin after David gave her a tour around camp. She pulled out her family's photo.

She didn't lool like her parents. But it didn't help she was adopted at such a young age. Because of them not having kids for years, (Y/n) got basically anything she wanted.

Well, everything she wanted. As long as she did everything perfectly.

A pretty girl walks by my locker
My heart gives a flutter
But I don't dare utter a word
'Cause that would be absurd behaviour
For little miss perfect