Counselor! Max X Camper! Reader Part 2

*I FINALLY FINISHED!*

*also unedited, but it's done!*

It was one thing for Max to work at this God-forsaken camp. It was another thing to get attached to the campers.

Max stood in the back of the crowd of campers as they did another crafts activity. He kept his attention on (Y/n) as she cut the paper.

Nikki smacked Max on the back, causing him to groan. He could hear Niel silently laugh at him.

"What the fuck was that for?" Max asked while looking at the two

"Oh nothing, we just wanted to check up on Dad of the year," Neil crossed his arms while Max was looking at him confused

"Dad?" Max placed his hand on himself, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"C'mon Max," Nikki nudged him I'm a teaseful manner, "We noticed how much attention you're giving (Y/n),"

Max turned over to his two friends, "Okay, for starters I don't give any special treatment to (Y/n). Second, don't call me Dad,"

"Sure thing, Dad!" Neil emphasize the word

Max glared at the two before walking off, ignoring their mocking laughs.

He wasn't going soft and he most certainly wasn't giving (Y/n) any sort of special treatment. It just sounded like they wanted to mess with him again.

Max sighed dramatically when he got far away enough, not wanting to hear any more mocking from his coworkers. Max found some random log before plopping down. He placed his hands on his head before hearing small footsteps. He felt someone sit next to him on the log. Max looked over to see (Y/n) kicking at the dirt.

"Did you need something, (Y/n)?" Max sighed out

The little girl shook her head, "No, I just wanted to see how you were,"

Max couldn't place a finger on it, but (Y/n) was always thinking about something. The young girl then began to lean onto Max's arm. Max looked down at her, slightly confused at her actions. Max stood up frustratedly, glaring down at the little girl. 

(Y/n) looked up confused before Max spoke again, "Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"N-no?" (Y/n) looked down at her feet, "I just thought-"

"Don't." Max placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose, "Just, go. Go back to the camp,"

(Y/n) sighed sadly before mumbling, ok. She stood up before walking off towards camp. Max mumbled a curse under his breath. He didn't want to be harsh with the little girl, however, his reputation was now at stake.

Max was NOT going soft.

~~~

(Y/n) kicked a small pebble as it twirled and hit down the dirt path. She knew that Max was frustrated but she was still upset. She didn't notice a familiar redhead boy tapped her shoulder. (Y/n) turned around with widen (E/c) eyes, before blinking them back to her normal eye shape. 

"Hi, I'm David," he stuck his hand out, "I saw you were alone and wanted to see if you wanted to hang out with me and my friends!"

(Y/n) look at David's dirt-stained hand. "I'm not sure,"

"It's ok! We won't bite!" David gave her a playful smile

She smiled at him, immediately relaxing. When David saw she wasn't as tense he grabbed her hand and dragged her along. (Y/n) and him went over to Gwen and Jasper, who were sitting under a large oak tree.