Squid Game: 002

It was mostly a blurry memory.

She remembered the card. She remembered walking back to her small living space. But when did she call? When did she change clothes?

It wasn't clear, all she knows now that she's in a large new space with a different outfit. The area looked like a large wearhouse with tall bunkbeds. (Y/n) didn't even have her phone, she couldn't call or text.

As (Y/n) studied the large space she was in, sitting down on the bed she woke up from. She noticed she must've not been the only one confused.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her train of thought to end. (Y/n) looked over to see a redhead man, looking at her confused.

"I'm sorry miss, but are you (Y/n)?" He asked, messing with the hem of his jacket

(Y/n) tuneed her body over to him, studying his features. "Yes? I'm sorry but have we met?"

He chuckled, "I figured you might've not recognize me, I'm David! Remember?" 

Her eyes lit up, "David?! I haven't seen you in years!"

(Y/n) stood up and instantly hugged the tall man, who excitedly returned the hug. The two laughed in disbelief as she separated from him.

"What happened? I didn't you see you after I got, you know," (Y/n) shugged, feeling awkward, "adopted,"

David's smile fell a bit, but his demeanor remained the same, "Well eh, I help run the adoption center now. Quartermaster got too old to run it by himself and I was the oldest still living there, I've been working there for a couple of years now,"

(Y/n) frowned, "So you never...,"

She stopped herself, seeing David slowly nod. (Y/n) shook her head, changing the subject, "That doesn't matter! I'm happy your here!"

David smiled again, nodding his head. But it quickly faded, "I wish we met again in better circumstances,"

"That's true," (Y/n) looked around the large room with other people dressed like them, "I wonder how many people are here,"

David's eyes landed on the large screen ontop, "Look! There's that large board with numbers!"

(Y/n) followed his gaze and saw the board. She then heard the voice of another man counting before turning over to him.

Sitting ontop of a bed was a large man, with broad shoulders. He looked over the sea of people and counted each person that he could see.

She looked back at the board that read Number of Players: 456

"Sir, are you trying to count how many of us there are?" (Y/n) asked confused

"I was trying too," he admitted, his voice was loud, "Until someone stopped me,"

(Y/n) gave David a look before continuing on, "Look, on the board there's 456 players,"

The man looked at the board as (Y/n) continued, "See, you were given the first number!"

(Y/n) looked at David's jacket and saw his number, "You're player 218 and I'm..."

She looked at her own jacket and back at the screen, "...456... I'm the last one,"

David and the older man looked at how she instantly got embarrassed. She gave them both a sideways smile before the older man began to chuckle,

"I already knew that!" He smiled at the two, "But it was recommended by my doctor's to count. It helps not dementia,"