4

"I don't get why you have to leave again. I thought the program you were in ended." I frown, looking at Kenji from across the table.

"It's just for a week this time. The person in charge or whatever didn't administer the tests that allow us to pass those classes and get credit for them, so everyone has to go back to take them. If I knew it was going to be this unorganized, I wouldn't have done it. Americans are so stupid." He rolls his eyes, making me laugh.

Since Kenji came back a week ago, we've been getting along really well. He's been nothing but kind, and I believe that he really is changing. Hopefully, this time the change is permanent.

I have been a bit on edge though, because usually his kindness doesn't last very long. But I'm trying to forget about that and have faith. It'll work out between us this time. It has to.

"Bring me back something! Like...a pretty seashell from the beach. But not a broken one." I grin, taking a sip of my iced tea.

He scrunches up his face, laughing.

"Of all the things you can ask for, you ask for a seashell? Seriously?" He asks while I nod.

"Yes. I really want one. Aren't the beaches pretty out there?" I ask and he opens his mouth to respond, but his phone goes off.

He fishes it out of his pocket, getting on a phone call. I wave down the waitress, asking for the bill. Once she brings it, I give her my card and pay.

I finish my tea by the time the waitress returns my card and Kenji gets off the phone.

"Okay, we have to go now. My flight is soon." He stands up, and I do as well.

We walk out the restaurant, and into the parking lot where Kenji's driver is waiting for us.

"Let's take Misaki home first, then head to the airport." Kenji orders.

"Yes sir."

The drive to my place is short, and we reach there in less than 15 minutes. The two of us exit the car, and he walks me to my front door.

"Im going to miss you." He says, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before cupping my cheeks.

"Me too. At least you won't be gone for long." I respond, smiling.

"That's true." He sucks his teeth, sighing. He pulls me forward, taking me into his embrace.

I wrap my arms around him, laying my head on his chest.

"This time I'm leaving, and you know we're together. So don't even think about letting other guys touch you, okay?" He says, giving me a light squeeze.

"I won't. I was drunk that time." I reply and he sighs.

"Don't get drunk either." He pulls away, and I laugh.

"Okay, okay." I roll my eyes.

He grins, squeezing my cheeks before leaning down to press our lips together.

I think if he continues to act like this, then I can get past all the things he's done wrong. I feel happy with him. I keep trying to convince myself that this is the real him, and it's working.

"Okay, I really have to go now." He pulls away, sighing. "I love you. I'll call you sometime, okay?" He asks, pecking my lips again.

"Okay. I love you too." I smile. His eyes light up and he kisses me once again, pulling my hips towards his.

"You're going to be late." I mumble, pulling away.

"Okay." He groans, standing up straight. "I'll see you soon then, alright? If you miss me just call! Even if it'll be 3am where I am."