15

Keiko Misaki

I slowly open my eyes. Groaning, I try to sit up.

"Keiko-San, you're awake." I turn to see Sakusa sitting in a chair beside the bed.

"Sakusa-San." I mumble. "You came."

I look around at the room, it's definitely not a hotel. Is this his house? It's not his room though.

"Of course I came." He responds immediately. "How are you feeling? What happened?"

"Is this your house? What time is it?" I ignore his question.

I can't feel any pain, but I can feel the swelling in my face and my movements are slower. What kind of pain meds am I on? They slap. My eyes also feel weird, they'll most likely become more swollen by tomorrow. I probably look a mess.

I turn around, putting my back towards Sakusa.

"Around 4 in the morning." He responds. "Why did you turn around?"

"I'm...embarrassed for you to see me like this." I say quietly. "You should go to bed, it doesn't look like you've slept at all."

My mind goes back to the last thing I had experienced before I fell unconscious. I don't know what to think of the situation. All I know is that I don't think I can go back this time.

"I haven't. But I don't want to leave you, especially now that you're awake." Sakusa sighs.

"You have done plenty for me. I'm really really thankful for that."

"Akaashi has a friend who's a nurse, and she came and treated you when I brought you home. I think she cleaned you up as well...nobody other than her saw. I promise." Sakusa's voice sounds a bit nervous, and a small smile comes onto my face.

"So that's why I'm in someone else's clothes." I note. "Sakusa, go to sleep. You have practice today."

I hope he doesn't worry about me. If it affects his volleyball I'd feel horrible.

"Okay. I will then." I hear him stand up. "But...can you stay? I don't want you to go back to him. Not after whatever happened. I also don't want you to be alone, so I'd like if you decided to stay here for a while."

I hesitate to answer at first, my immediate thought being that he's trying to trap me here.

But this is Sakusa Kiyoomi. He's not like that. He's nothing like that.

And plus I've never gotten around to making him dinner or lunch so he can eat properly at home. This will probably be a good chance to do that.

"I'll stay. So get some rest, okay?" I respond, running a hand through my hair.

"Alright. Thank you. Oh, I brought your phone. And also I grabbed the bag that I remember seeing you have at the library. Your phone is in there, it's on the floor against the bed. Um, Hinata, Bokuto, and Akaashi-San are also here in another guest room. So don't get scared if you run into them." As he walks to the door, I turn the other way. "I'll come see you once I wake up. You're free to watch the television in the living room or eat whatever you want."

And with that, he leaves the room.

I wait about an hour before I leave the room, wanting to make sure Sakusa is asleep. I go into the kitchen, looking for cleaning supplies.

His cabinets are stocked with them, and I take out everything I need. If I'm going to stay here, I should at least show my appreciation. Later on I can talk with him about giving him money for rent.

I don't plan on staying here too long, but even if I'm here only a few days I'd like to pay him for it.

For the next couple of hours, I spend my time cleaning. I take my time, being sure to get every nook and cranny. No matter how spotless the area looks, I still clean it. I try to be as quiet as I can, not wanting to wake anybody up.