8

Two weeks pass, and like Kenji promised, I have been unwillingly doing my classes online.

He's been coming over about every day. Some days have been good days, others have been bad.

"How's it going, do you need any help?" Kenji asks, plopping down next to me on my bed.

I flinch away, scooting over a bit more.

"I'm fine. Thank you." I say quietly.

Kenji eyes me, then scoots back against my headboard and pulls me into his lap. He starts to place little kisses on my neck, pushing my shirt off one of my shoulders to place kisses there too.

"Kenji, not right now." I mumble, moving myself forward.

His hands dig into my waist, pulling my body back to him.

"Why not?" He asks, his voice hard.

I turn around, looking at him.

"Let me finish my work first, okay baby? After that I'm all yours. Alright?" I put a hand on his cheek.

"Of course, of course." I feel him loosen his grip on me.

He lifts me up, scooting from underneath me and putting me back down.

"If you need help just let me know." He says, laying beside me.

"Mm. My classes are really easy this semester. Thanks to you." I glance over at him, and he chuckles.

Since sophomore year, Kenji's father has allowed us to take winter and summer classes for free. I was able to make it so that my last semester of college was full of easy classes.

His father suggested we try to graduate early due to that, but Kenji insisted that he wanted the full college experience with me, so some of our semesters have resulted in us even having just 2 classes.

Kenji...he's done a lot for me. He's not a bad guy. He just needs some help.

"I'm glad to hear that." He says.

I move myself so that I lay down as well, propping my head up against his side and putting my computer on my stomach, still typing away at the keyboard.

"Misaki," He calls out, beginning to play with my hair. I just hum in response. "are you unhappy?"

My hands freeze, hovering over my keyboard.

"Why do you ask that?" I question, trying to keep my voice from wavering.

"I haven't seen your smile lately." He says. I look up at him to see he's closing his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose with his free hand.

Yeah, I don't know about you Kenji but it's kind of hard to be really happy when your boyfriend is trying to make all your life decisions while beating the shit out of you.

A smile right now is pretty low on my priority list.

"Oh." I respond. "It hurts to smile when you have bruises on your face." I say, slight attitude dripping through my voice.

He doesn't say anything and I begin to wonder if I've made him upset.

Honestly, at this point, I feel like I'll have consequences for whatever I do.

Sighing, I sit up and continue to do my work. Surprisingly, Kenji just lays there and stares at me. He doesn't say another word for the next hour.

Once I finally finish my assignments, I plug my laptop in and sigh again.

"You're all done?" He asks, sitting up on my bed.

"Yes." I respond.

He grabs his phone, putting on a song before standing up. He grabs my hand, leading me to the middle of my room and gently placing his hands on my waist.