18

Keiko Misaki

"We need to set some ground fucking rules." I hear, and then Sakusa comes bursting into the living room.

I quickly sit up from the couch, worried I did something wrong.

He stalks in front of me, and I anxiously await his announcement.

"I'm taking away your cleaning privileges." He says, huffing out a breath.

I tilt my head to the side, very confused. Why?

"I won't lie, I'm very impressed with your cleaning skills. I really like waking up to the smell of the house, and it's kinda hot that you do that. But I can't take it anymore." He groans, putting his head in his hands. "You do everything. I like cleaning too, okay? Leave some work for me." He plops down onto the other side of the couch, practically pouting.

"You think it's hot that I clean your house?" I ask, stifling a laugh.

He pauses for a moment, crossing his arms and looking away from me.

"I don't recall saying that." He responds, and I burst out laughing.

"You just said it!" I point out but he just lazily waves me off.

"Whatevs."

A small grin comes over my face as I begin to scroll on my phone. Since I embarrassingly broke down in front of him a few days ago, we've been getting along pretty well.

Sakusa had hugged me for probably around 20 minutes. Afterwards I felt even more guilty for making him be in contact with me for that long, but he reassured me it's fine because he knows I'm clean.

Since then I've made sure to keep a bit of distance between us so I don't make him uncomfortable.

"You know I clean to make you do less, right? Cooking and cleaning is the bare minimum I can do." I roll my eyes, looking through Instagram.

"Bonk" He says out loud, his hand softly coming in contact with my head. Like, barely even touching.

I tear my eyes away from my phone screen, seeing him now standing in front of me.

"Did you just say bonk?" I question, amusement evident in my eyes.

"Bonk bonk" He narrows his eyes at me, softly tapping my head with his fist two more times.

I cover my mouth, unable to contain my laughter any longer. Sakusa Kiyoomi having a silly side to him is something I never expected when we first met

'Whatevs' and 'bonk' being in his vocabulary somehow makes me way more happy to be around him.

"I have to get ready to leave soon. Are you coming with me to my practice? Akaashi won't be there, his vacation time was over so he had to go back to the city he works in." Sakusa frowns just slightly and I smile at that.

"Actually." I look at the time. "I have somewhere to be soon as well."

He puts his hand to his side, looking at me a bit worriedly.

"Don't wear that expression. I have a job interview." I chuckle, and his expression shifts to one of confusion.

He sits back down in his previous seat, turning to face me.

"Aren't you...um." He purses his lips. "Well off?" He almost whispers this, as if it's a secret.

I tilt my head, crossing my arms.

"Aren't you well off? You have your own house at 23. It's big, your car is nice. You have a whole room dedicated to gym equipment. You have a pool. How many Japanese people do you know have a pool?" I ask, laughing.