Chapter Thirty Four

Wind blew softly through the cool, afternoon air. It was cloudy, making a shiver run down the red headed boys back as he climbed out of the passenger side of his fathers Sedan.

He looked to the front door of his house seeing his mother walk outside,

     "Hunny! Will you come in here the lights blew out in the living room and I'm trying to do my paperwork!" Oliver's mom shouted to her husband.

     "Alright! Oliver will you get the left overs?" His dad glanced at him briefly to which Oliver nodded. He slammed the door shut and turned, his gaze slid up briefly. Oliver noticed a sleek black car was parked across the street. A car nice enough he would have remembered it if he saw it in his neighborhood before.

     He admired the car, until he noticed there was a tall man learning against the side of it, he was dressed in fully black attire with a hood covering his head and most of his face. Oliver blinked several times as the man across the street stared directly at him with his hands nonchalantly in his jacket
pocket.

     He nodded at the stranger as he opened the back door of his fathers Sedan and retrieved the Togo boxes from the coffee shop earlier. Slamming the door shut after.

     "Nice ride." Oliver called out to the man across the street, confronting his stare.
     He didn't get a response, the man only stared back.

     "You need somethin', dude?" Oliver put his arms out, speaking in a rude tone.

     The man in the hood glanced to the side, there was a low, short snicker than came from his mouth. He stood up off the car slowly and began taking long relaxed strides across the street, approaching Oliver who was now realizing the man was much taller up close.

     Oliver could see his face now, pale beside the black clothing, he noticed immediately the man tattooed heavily on the face and neck, which was the only visible skin. Oliver could see that the man was not very old, maybe the same age to a year older than himself. His chest tightened up at the sketchy looking person who he had never seen before was now stopping directly in front of him, leaving an uncomfortable foot of space, Oliver took a step back. He judgmentally took note of his appearance, thinking about how there wasn't anyone in his suburb that look remotely like this stranger.

     "Do I know you?" He asked rhetorically.

The stranger shook his head with a crooked smile. "No." His voice was deep and lacked emotion, it startled Oliver.

     "Well, what the fuck do you want then? Look , the crack house is a few doors down. You got the wrong address." Oliver spat, he opened his mouth to continue to question the man who was pulling one of his hands from the pocket of his hoodie, "Are you fucking lost-" 
Suddenly Oliver was interrupted with a pounding blow that cracked against his jaw. The Togo food flung from his grip and splattered noisily against the light colored cement driveway and Oliver bounced into the side of the Sedan with wide shocked eyes.
His hands pushed against himself back upright
after his short stumble, he looked forward again at the stranger who was shaking his hand in the air to relieve a bit of pain from his red tinted knuckles.

     "What the fuck!" Oliver moved to lunge at his attacker but the man in black ripped his other hand from his pocket and grabbed Oliver by the shoulders, slamming him into the side of the Sedan. His hand moved to Oliver's neck, pulling his head back once and smashing it into the glass window, his hand pushed Oliver's head to the side until his mouth was right beside Oliver's ear.

     "Ava Bellamy. If you speak to her, contact her, even look at her, I will tie a cord around your throat... and I will squeeze the life out of you until you're bleeding from your eyes and wheezing for help." The man shifted his weight comfortably and tightened his grip on Oliver's neck. "Then I'll bury you in your own backyard for your dog to dig up, you hear me kid? Watch your fucking back." His voice spoke calmly through his teeth, in a growling whisper.

     Oliver eyes bulged at the words, then he grasped for the side of the car as he was suddenly thrown to his right, the passenger door handle only jabbed him in the hip before he fell into the pile of Togo food on his driveway. Unable to find a word in his throat as he watched the tall man walk carelessly back across the street, and speed off in the black car.