Chapter Twenty Six

I stood quietly under Wycks arm as he checked us into the hotel, he was nice to the desk man, though I paid no attention to their conversation. I wondered where Julia had gone, maybe she checked herself already? I glanced around at the grandness of the hotel. I've always lived near it but I've never been inside. It wasn't anything special, your typical fancy airport hotel.
Lost in my head I felt Wyck pull me away from the check in desk. I snapped back to reality as we walked towards the elevator. We waited for a moment for the Elevator doors to open, I glanced back to the lobby, seeing it was completely empty besides the desk man. There was a whirling sound as the metal doors opened slowly. I looked forward again as we walked inside the tile elevator, the beige and light burnt orange colors inside matched the rest of the hotel. 
     We both stood toward the back and turned to face the silver metal door, Wyck paused to click the button for the fifth floor and returned to my side. The doors slid closed shutting us silently inside until it slowly began ascending to the floor our room was on.
     Wyck and I stayed silent on the way to the fifth floor, his arm fell from around my waist as he switched the duffle bag to his other shoulder. He pulled a phone out of his pocket and stared at the screen. The moment he looked up was the same moment the elevator halted and the doors slid open. He reached out to grip my arm above my elbow and guided me out, taking a left down the hall. I looked over at his phone screen where he had a text thread open, though I wasn't able to read the screen.
     We reached door number 523 after a small walk, Wyck locked the phone to place it back in his pocket so he could use his free hand to unlock the hotel door. He kept me in his grip as he pushed the door open following the green light that illuminated on the handle.
     Inside the room was beautiful. The bed linens were bright white and fluffy, the carpeted floor was crisply vacuumed and the counters were granite. The door shut and Wyck released my arm, he walked ahead of me to drop the duffle bag on the large king size bed.
     "Julia doesn't want to share her clothes with you anymore, so you'll have to wear mine."
     I looked down at the large sweatpants and T-shirt I was wearing. My parents are going to pick me up in this? I walked over to a tall mirror against the wall at the back of the room. I looked like a disaster. My hair was unruly, my eyes swollen with red bags. There was a small bruise on my cheek as well that hadn't fully healed since Mason slammed my face against the metal bars in the van. I reached up to feel the damaged tissue, my wrist was bony. I pulled my arm back to look at it, and then the rest of my body. I was thin to begin with but it was clear I had lost quite a bit of weight.
Movement caught my eye, I glanced in the mirror to see Wyck lean against the desk behind me at the back of the wall. His arms crossed over his chest as he watched me watch myself.
His eyes looked as though they were trying to read my thoughts, he squinted slightly with an unsure face. His head tilted a fraction.
"I... think my parents might notice I look a bit different." I gave myself another once over. It made me sad, the condition I was in.
Wyck stared at me for another moment before he dropped his arms and stood from the desk. She walked slowly behind me until his chest was against my back. I breathed out as I became nervous at his touch. His hand slid around my stomach, pulling me against him.
"What do you usually look like?" He asked me in the mirror with little expression.
It was odd to realize he didn't know me outside of this situation. Spending every second under someone's eyes for a week straight makes you feel like they'd know everything about you.
"Like I'm alive." I made a dry joke. Wyck didn't laugh.
I watched him bring his head down to push a harsh kiss into my hair. He whispered afterwards, "Thats the only reason I'm letting you be away from me, I don't want you to be completely miserable." His tone was sharp. It was extremely clear at this point that Wyck did not want to let me return to my parents even though I'd still see him.
"You'll still be around." I nervously reassured him.
His mouth spread into a crooked smile, "Yeah. But not as often as I'd prefer." There was a grit in his throat.
     His hand gripped as it wrapped further around me, I thought for a moment and decided to use this an an opportunity to pry. "How... often will you be?" I asked.
      The tall boy took a deep breath in. He leaned backwards and stepped away, his arm loosened. Wyck lead me over to the large bed before responding to my question. "Mm." He thought while sliding his body onto the bed allowing his back to rest against the pillows. His arm moved to grab my wrist and pull me toward him. I was slow and awkward, unsure of the position he was moving me into. His other arm grabbed my leg as I climbed onto the bed and pulled me over to straddle him, sitting down on his groin I swallowed. Looking down at the boy it felt strange.
      He was very foreign to me, I've only known him for a week and I've definitely never met anyone like him, I looked down at the tattoos on his hands that rested on my thighs. It was odd the mixture of safety and danger I felt with him. There isn't a person in the world I should be more afraid of, yet he keeps me safe.
     "Well honestly, I don't have much to do here, so I'll be bothering you quite a bit." He spoke playfully knocking me out of my thoughts.
      I looked up to his bright blue eyes that were tired, the small tattoo that was a darker blue black under his skin.
      If my parents ever meet him and saw the tattooed cold exterior they'll be terrified for their life, or mine. On that note they probably should be. I wondered what he thought about meeting my parents, then I felt stupid as if he'd care to do that.
     "I don't really understand how this is gonna work." I tried to be honest. "I just mean, what are you doing exactly?" I thought back to the car ride when Johnny said something about 'forcing me to be his girlfriend'.
Wyck was quiet for a moment, "I don't know, I've never done this before." He was short.
'Me either.' I thought to myself sarcastically, although it was a relief to know Wyck didn't typically hold girls hostage.
"Listen, I'm not a monster." He started again, I could feel his body move as he spoke under me. "What I do is just my job and it usually doesn't include hostages. When bystanders are around we just leave them, but... honestly it's your fault for looking so fragile and adorable." He joked.
I tried to force a smile but it came out awkward, a part of me was terrified and the other felt warm at his compliment. My head bowed to escape eye contact with him and I looked down the the shirt on his torso that was pushed up slightly, showing a pale muscular stomach. My hands were holding each side of his waist, and my thumbs moved to gently touch his exposed skin. I glanced up through my lashes to notice he was watching my movements intently.
My thumbs moved slowly catching his shirt and sliding up, pushing it far to run my hands down his stomach and ultimately grip the waist of his pants, the tips of my fingers slipping beneath. I fell into a trance after feeling the small area of his body, I then felt something hard push into me from where I sat above his legs. His reaction to my touch made my body heat up and my head fuzz over, it was surprising and the idea of touching Wyck under his clothing made me panic slightly.
Wyck twitched, I looked to his face as his expression was conflicted, his hands moved quickly to grab my wrists while my fingers danced around his pant line.
"What are you doing?" His voice was accidentally harsh, knocking me out of my trance.
"I-I don't know." I stuttered, becoming embarrassed I pulled my hands away from him. I tried to pull them to my chest but Wycks grip tightened and pulled me to lean closer to his face in a jolt.
"I want to touch you so badly. Don't do that if you're gonna regret it." He whispered.
"I'm not going to regret it."
The tall boy then pushed me off of him to sit beside him on the bed. I felt strangely rejected and disappointed he cut our interaction so short.
I watched him lean up, one of his legs spilled off the bed and the other bent as he leaned forward and stared down. "You will. You're not ready for anything with me yet." He dismissed me.
I didn't agree, I felt incredibly attracted to Wyck, and it was frustrating that he was telling me my own emotions were wrong.
"That's not true." I argued. Wyck turned back to look at me. I opened my mouth to speak again but Wyck was quick to cut me off.
"What? You want me to fuck you?" He snapped, squinting his eyes at me. "Ava, you're terrified of me still. If we ever do anything, I want it to be because you want to not because you're confused."
My stomach went warm at his words and I felt frazzled, "I'm not confused." That was a lie.
"Why would you want that? Do you have Stockholm Syndrome or something? Look, I've been pretty honest with how I feel about you and all I could want is for you to reciprocate that, but I don't expect you to. I'm not going to force you into anything alright. The deal I'll make with you is you don't have to be with me... physically. But you're not allowed to be with anyone else, physically or emotionally. Anything." Wyck spoke quickly and in frustration.
"How is that fair?" I crossed my arms. "I can't be with anyone but you, but also I'm not allowed to be with you." I mocked his wording
"It's not meant to be fair. And you are with me, you belong to me." He snapped.
My eyes rolled and I felt a deep anger towards him boil up, I hated moments like these when I was forced to realize being back home didn't mean my life was back to normal. "Well what if I get lonely and decided I want to be with someone and do it anyway, someone else." I tried his nerves.
Regret filled me almost immediately by the way he looked at me, Wyck moved to stand up and lean towards me over the bed until he was able to reach his hand to my neck, griping under my jaw he jerked me forward and leaned into my face. I felt sick from the way he touched me. "I will break their fucking neck." His words were cold, void of remorse as I saw the un-empathetic killer that lived inside of him. I knew he was speaking literally in his threat.
I swallowed, my hands moved instinctively to grip his wrist. Wyck let go and pushed my head back, I caught myself from falling.
He stood from the bed fully and walked to the window, he looked outside briefly and I was afraid to speak. He turned to look at me again and I could see there was still fire in his eyes from what I had said. "If you do fucking anything, say anything about me, contact the cops or I swear to god if you even talk to another dude I will chain you to a wall and you'll have no chance of ever going home." He shouted at me with a fuming expression and then stormed to the hotel door, opening it and slamming it behind him as he left the room. I heard a strange click, I'm sure some kind of lock he installed to keep me inside.
My body shook slightly from the moment, I was scared and nervous. I couldn't tell if it was a good thing he left, I was now alone and anxious for his return but I'd rather he calm down somewhere else. I pulled my knees to my chest and regretted having any sort of attitude toward Wyck. Even though I didn't expect him to react the way he did, it was hard to guess his reactions.