7

After a long, grueling day of practice Beanpole and I headed home to wash up, and then go out on our official first date. Nervous was underexaggerated compared to what I was feeling. I had literally just met him yesterday and I felt such a strong connection. I didn't want this to just be some fling after all, I awkwardly flirted with him for what seemed to be an exhaustingly long time. I really did like him. He was so compelling and complex; I wanted to dive deeper into the deep depths of his mind and learn what he's thinking about under all of his protective layers.

I sighed and leaned back into the seat of my car. "Hey Stringbean I- I mean Tsukki."

He laughed as if I intended to say that.

"You wanted to go to the arcade right?"

"mhm."

I smiled and parked the car near my apartment. I lazily grabbed my bag and opened the car door trying not to hit my head. "Alright lets hurry and wash up before it gets late." I said while walking to the apartment. "mhm." He simply responded. I unlocked the door and we both walked in tiredly. "You wanna shower?" I asked.

"Yeah, if you want to you can though."

"No, you go first." I smiled and picked up Yumeko.

"Alright, I'll make it quick." He turned and walked into the bathroom, I heard the shower turn on as I set Yumeko down by her bed. I walked to my room, which I rarely sleep in, and grabbed some clothes and plugged my phone into the charger for a bit. I laid myself down and decided to nap until Beanpole comes out of the shower.

"Kuroo."

A neatly dressed and dapper looking Tsukishima stood over me. "Go shower."

"Mkay." I said groggily. I sprung up and walked into the bathroom. "Feel free to do whatever." I said to him before shutting the door. I turned the knob on the shower and undressed. I felt refreshed and reenergized by my nap so I decided to wash as thoroughly as possible and dress nicely, which are things I'm guilty of not doing. I needed to look nice for my... date. It finally struck me. "HOLY FUCK IM ACTUALLY GOING ON A DA-" I covered my mouth hoping Stringbean didn't hear me. My entire body shook with excitement. Despite my dashing good looks and charming personality I haven't actually been on a date before. Ever since a young age I've been confident that I am gay, no women have ever been attractive to me whatsoever. Most of the men at my school are unattractive or straight so I've kept it under wraps and denied all confessions from girls. But now, everything is different...

Now I have him.

I sighed and stepped out of the steamy shower. I opened the door with a towel wrapped around my waist to see Beanpole cuddling my cat on the couch. I smiled and went into my room to change.

"You ready?" I opened the door fully clothed.

"Only if you are." he smiled and set Yumeko down.

I twirled my keys and threw my arm around his shoulder as we walked out the house.

"First date... I'm nervous and excited." he said as I took my arm back and climbed into the front seat.

"Me too." I said as he climbed in. "Lets be nervous together then." I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. He smiled and nodded, "Sounds alright."

"Alright? Goddamn Tsukki, what am I a roach?" I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and giggled with me, we unhooked our hands and I started the engine as he fiddled with the radio, ready to start a new adventure, and if all goes well... and new big step in my life.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted for a bit, I'm working on it... Anyway, thank you all for the kind love and support! I really appreciate it. It seems whenever I log on my notifications are filled with comments, follows, and votes. Also two very consistent commenters and voters have been viewing the story so thanks to Emo_Sass_Queen and Smexy_Bakubro! Really, with everything going on it makes me very happy to see people enjoy my writing and story. Thank you to everyone... Not sure but I might be giving shout outs to my favorite comments so be funny! <3

Love you all,

Ramen Cookies