2

I walked outside the gym to get away from all the sweaty people, the sun was setting. I took a death breath of the fresh air to rid my nose of B.O. I heard a quiet giggle. I was taken aback and almost instantly my head snapped over to where the giggle came from. "sorry, did I scare you?" it was Beanpole. "N-No."

He looked off into the distance and leaned his arms onto the fence. He simply said, "Alright." In a quiet, seductive voice. My face felt warm and my stomach butterflies felt like they were trying to escape my stomach. We stayed silent for a couple minutes. I glanced over at him from time to time, trying to catch a glimpse of his beautiful face. He finally broke the silence. "You're Kuroo right?" 

"Yeah." 

"So when we go to your place..." he paused obviously uneasy about going home with a stranger, "D-Do you just ride the bus or-?"

"I have a car." I smiled, trying to make him less uncomfortable; he nodded and glanced over at me. "The uh- the coach had us pack an overnight bag just in case this happened."

"A-Alright." 

He raised his eyebrows, "Why are you so tense?" he inquired and pushed up his glasses. 

"I'm not sure, really. I just am." 

"What a detailed answer." he rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah, my vocabulary is incredibly large... like my d-" I caught myself, I would've said that while talking to Bokuto and he would've responded with something extremely kinky and uncalled for like: "Oh yeah? I can't wait to see it again."

"Like your what?" Beanpole asked, confused.

"My uh- my cat." Which wasn't a lie, my cat was extremely large. 

 "Right..." he laughed a little.

"KUROOOOOOOOOO!" A voice called. 

"Oh God..." I turned around to see Bokuto running towards me. 

"HEY, HEY, HEY ITS PRACTICE TIME!" Redhead yelled behind him. 

I buried my face in my hand. "What are you teaching him? And I'm pretty sure its too early." 

"Yeah... but we can go to the second gym."

"I guess." 

Bokuto and Carrot Top led Beanpole and I across the campus to the second, smaller gym. They talked about random things as we walked. "did you know fish don't have penises?" Bokuto said slyly.

"Woah, really?!" Redhead marveled, "You're so smart!"

"and cool?"

"Totally!" 

I glanced over to see Beanpole's disgusted expression.

The curiosity got the best of me, "wait... how do they breed?" 

Stringbean shook his head, "not with Hinata here."
"S-Shut up Tsukishima! I can handle it! I'm not some kid!"
"Yeah, yeah." Bokuto pat his head. "They rub against each other." 

Beanpole made a vomiting sound and stuck his finger into his gaping mouth. Wide-eyed, I stared at his open mouth and his finger; Bokuto looked back and gave me that look.

"We're here!" I quickly ran to the door and pulled the keys out of my jacket pocket, as I fumbled with the keys it was apparent how nervous I was. "You're shaking." Beanpole pointed at my hand. "I-Its cold-" 

"You think so?" He stripped his jacket from his body and placed it on my head playfully. 

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

I loved this serious yet playful side of him a little too much. He grabbed the sleeve and gently pulled it off my head and stared at me blankly. "Just give me the key." he sighed. Reluctantly, I handed them to him and tuned out Bokuto's mindless chattering. In seconds the door opened and Beanpole was out of sight. I sprinted inside to catch up to him but was yanked back by Bokuto. "Slow your role buddy, 3rd yearrs first." 

"I'm a 3rd year too." 

"Keep telling yourself that." Bokuto laughed and let me pass. Carrot Top ran right past me eagerly to meet up with Stringbean. He ripped his jacket off and threw it to the ground, he then snatched a volleyball from the bin and ran to 3rd position. "Hurry up slowpokes!" 

I grinned slyly and ran to the court where Beanpole met up with me. I heard Bokuto's jacket slide as he ran over to Hinata's side of the court. "LET THE GAMES BEGIN! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH" He laughed manically and jump served the ball. "Remember, when you block to tilt your hands." I instructed. Beanpole nodded and received the ball. "not too bad." I laughed and set it.

He jumped up to spike but barely pushed it over the net and smirked. "Thanks."
"TIP!" Hinata yelled and raced towards the ball, he dove after it sending it flying through the air. "I got it!" Bokuto called and set it up. I saw the glimmer in Redheads eyes as he raced to spike it, but there was also a gimmer in Stringbeans eyes. "try slightly bending your fingers."

"Alright."  In sync, we both jumped up to block. Violently, the ball smacked against our arms and fell to the ground. I love that feeling.

 "UGH DANG IT!" Carrot Top yelled. 

"When there's a blocker aim right here." Bokuto pointed to a place on his finger. "It'll come right back to you and you get a redo." 

"Okay!" 

"You wanna serve Bea-Tsukishima?" 

Time skip brought to you by Tanaka's meat dance

"Man, I'm tired." Bokuto squeezed his water bottle into his mouth.

"Yeah... WANNA PLAY ONE MORE GAME?!" Redhead asked excitedly. 

"No. I think Kuroo and I are going back to his place... I'm too tired." Beanpole said just a little annoyed. 

"Alright... Bokuto?" 

"YEAH LETS DO THIS!" 

Redhead cheered as Beanpole and I walked out of the gym. 

"How far away is your house?" 

"Not far." 

We walked in silence to the parking lot. It wasn't a bad or awkward silence it was calm and relaxing. It felt like we had finally escaped Bokuto's extra personality. I led Stringbean to a small red car. "here it is." 

"aren't you too tall to fit in that?" 

"Getting there." I laughed. 

We climbed in and imminently I felt tense again. It felt like my heart was expanding in my chest, I wanted to ask him so many things, I wanted to hug him and never let go. Even though my impulse was kicking in so was my better judgement. I'd rather not scare him off. I sighed and started the car. "want anything to eat?" I asked while pulling out. 

"I could eat." 

"Alright, do you know what you want?" 

"I'm not picky." he smirked seductively and pulled out his phone. 

I drove for a good 5 minutes and pulled into a restaurant. It was a café that I came to often, I thought it would be kind of romantic if I brought him here. He looked up from his phone, he probably thought I would bring him to a fast food place or something. "you wanna go in?"