20

"Kuroo," he whispered.
"Tsukki," I responded in a low voice.

He hugged me and dug his face into my collarbone. "You're warm,"
I kissed the top of his head and looked out the window. He's leaving in two days.

We stayed like that for a long while; my hand on his head with him resting muzzled up against me. It was like we were frozen in time, but all good things have to come to an end.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"Open up!!!"

Tsukki stared gorily up at me, "who is that?"
"Not sure," I sighed, time to test out something new, "i'll go check baby, stay in bed,"
His face flushed and I smiled to myself. Usually I'd throw a shirt on when answering the door but I was already pissed that someone disturbed my time with Tsukki.
"Open up!!!! Tsukki!!!"
The closer I got to the door the more familiar the voice sounded. Not Bokuto's voice. "Who is it?" I opened the door to none other than little redhead and the desperate tall boy who always seemed to follow him. I looked behind them to see Kenma playing his video game. "Oh um hey guys," I made eye contact with Kenma.
"Go put a shirt on," he said quietly.
"You know, I think I'm good,"
"Where's Tsukki at?" The small one asked.
"In bed,"
"Still?!!"
"In bed? You only have one bed," Kenma pointed out.
"Oh I um, I let him stay there,"
He eyed me suspiciously.
"Why do you need Tsukishima?"
"We need to talk to him!" Redhead pleaded.
"Right now," the taller one added.
"Stay here my apartments a mess,"
Which was very much true. Clothes slung over the couch, leftover soda cans scattered on any and every surface. I didn't really want Redhead see that side of me, I liked being a pristine idol in his eyes.

"Tsukki!" I called after closing the door.
"Yes?"
"Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb are here to see you,"
"Who's- oh." He threw a sweatshirt on and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Fuck."
I laughed a little, "you must really be upset,"
He flopped over the couch, "tell them to go away,"
"They said its urgent,"
He groaned, "please don't-"
I opened the door cheerily and smiled.
"Tsukki!"
He groaned again this time more audible.
"We need to talk to you,"
"Whatever," he rolled his eyes and elegantly slipped out the door. They walked down the porch stairs and talked in the parking lot. I studied each of them and the way they interacted. Hinata was cheery and genuine while Kageyama always had an angry look to him, making strange gesticulations that make it hard to tell what emotion he's trying to convey.

The graceful Tsukishima Kei however, was much different. Now that I knew what he was really like it would be easy for me to say that it was all an act, but an act he played well. I couldn't tell if he was really annoyed or just scared.

I leaned over the railing to watch them more intently  and just as I did a look of sheer horror washed over Taukki's face. I faintly heard Hinata try to assure him but to no avail. "Do you know what they're talking about Kenma?"
"Nope, I was dragged along because Bokuto didn't want to tell them where you lived,"
"Some friend you are,"
"Its not like either of them could hurt you, Kageyama is frail and skinny," he didn't even try to explain why Hinata wasn't a threat because of how obvious it was. That wasn't really what I was concerned about though, I more worried about what's happening than anything else.

Tsukki looked up at me and I mouthed are you okay? With a thumbs up and a thumbs down. He just gave me a sad look. The horror washed away but he was now weary. He didn't answer and I didn't need him to.

They knew about our little secret, didn't they?

Or was it something else troubling you?