Chapter 12: Black Crystal

Eris spent the past 3 hours regaining her strength. But her mind wasn't rested. She was sure of it by the time she could sit up in bed. Garnet was alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure?" Vonnie asked.

Eris nodded. "Star-winged horses are from my kingdom. I would know one from a million miles away."

"Hasn't she been missing for months?" Bella wrapped a blanket around her. The night sky shimmered behind her. "Why would your sister be here of all places?"

She bite the inside of her lip. "I don't know either, but I just know that she's alive and that she has something to do with that chaos version of the Star-winged horse."

Dexter rubbed a hand over his face. It looked like he hasn't been able to sleep in hours. The worry made his eyes dark. "We have to find out where they took everyone. We can't stay and wait for help to come."

Eris nodded. She didn't want to wait. Waiting killed her, even more now that there is a high chance that Garnet isn't far from her now. "You and your brothers were right about that guy being the puppet of the real villain." She looked down as she recalled the moment. "He told me that he has been suck in the school for so long, just watching us live the life he wanted."

"It sounds like he was tricked into something," Vonnie frowned.

"We don't know that for sure, but that does sound likely," Dexter says. "Eris, are you feeling better?"

She nods again.

"We need to get moving as soon we can. I have a few places we need to check on our search."

Bella licks her lips before asking, "What if we get attacked? I lost my ring and Eris has little to no power and Vonnie doesn't get her powers until she has her family crown."

"We'll just have to stay low as we go. I know that they could be still searching for us as we speak, but that's all we have right now."

"Where are we searching?" Vonnie asks. "You're the only one that has any way to fight off any monsters. We would only slow you down."

Dexter shook his head, "No. We aren't splitting up. We have to stay together. I would rather be "slowed down" then lose you guys right now." He grabbed for Eris' hand again, and this time she squeezed it before letting go. "We have to start soon. I'm afraid of what's to happen if we don't act soon."

"I'm feel better enough to come. I'll be ready as soon as you give the word." Eris couldn't help a sober smile. "My sister could be out there. Breathing."

Her smile lingered on her lips as she got ready to leave. She was gonna take Garnet home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dark of night gave them cover as they ducked behind large pieces of marble flooring, and ruined remains of the students things like beds and book shelfs. Eris could feel the cool glow of the moon on her back. She could feel her home and it was enough for her to keep her mind focused. Dexter lead the group and Eris tailed the end.

It pained her as they walked pasted the trashed café. The smell of coffee and sweets wasn't like when they severed them between classes, it was mixed with today's lunch and rust. Above them the sound of running water, made it clear that the spa was no use as the whole thing could be flooded by now. Eris had a random thought of what if the mermaids would love to swim in it, but she shook it off as soon as they made it to the front of the school. The school looked like a ruined cake that someone stepped on. They studied the school and wondered what they did wrong for something like this to happen.