Chapter 3: Blue Paint

"Back in the Green Era the Land Kingdoms were very powerful. They always had fresh, well grown food, and tall trees giving shade from the hot sun." Mrs. Darcy said as she wrote on the board using her wand. It glowed on it's tip as she wrote making curly letters. "The Lavish Forest, Misty Rainforest, Rolling Plainlands and Forbearing Meadows were all starting to understand how much more powerful they could be if they came together. It wasn't long before th-"

She was cut short as the bell rang loudly in the classroom, echoing from the hall outside. The students quickly packed their notes.

"Read up on the on the History of the Flora Empire. We will continue the lesson tomorrow as we talk about the 7 Sea Kingdoms and how they came to be," Mrs. Darcy quickly called out as students began to walk out of the large glossy doors of the English classroom. 

Some people went to their lockers, but a few stood in the hall, chatting until it was time for the next class. Many girls giggled and whispered to themselves as boys walked past them. Eris noticed and guessed that it was about the Ball coming soon. She never went to any Balls by herself and she also never danced with anyone as she was seen as too young to dance with any Princes, but now she was allowed to do whatever she wanted. There were many things she wasn't allowed to do as she was meant to stand in the back ground so her sister can peacefully take over then Kingdom. 

Vonnie stared down at her phone and huffed. "I can't believe over half of the girls have dates already. Paris even has a date."

"Dates? Do we have to have dates?" Eris smiled nervously.

"No, " she sighed," we don't, but the popular kids like to pair up." She scrolled down more and growled. "Lilith is going with Sebastian...."

"Sebastian?"

Vonnie rolled her eyes and shoved her phone back in her bag. "Sebastian is the oldest Prince of the Lavish Forest Kingdom. He doesn't date anyone but he picks the 'prettiest' girl to go to the dance with."

"But it's like a week away though. Many people can change their mind till then." Eris took a breath and smiled. "Do you have a person in mind to take to the Ball?"

Vonnie blushed madly and tucked her hair behind her ear. "N-No. I never had anyone take me to the Ball and I don't need anyone now." She glanced down below at the sitting area across from the cafe. "All they do is chatter in their little group and gossip about people."

Eris glanced down too, and looks back up at Vonnie. "Why do you hate them so much. They aren't doing anything but enjoying themselves."

"You don't know them, Eris. They aren't so sweet as they seem to be."

"Why? What have they done?" She crossed her arms. "You aren't very friendly with other people, are you?"

"Whatever, Eris. " She looked up at a clock hanging above the entrance. "We have to get to Art Class."

She paused, then waved her off. "I'll meet you there. I have to get something from my locker."

"I can wait for you."

"No, I'm fine." She waved her hand again. "Go ahead."

It took Vonnie a moment, but she adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder and began walking toward the Art Room. When she turned the corner, Eris jogged down the stairs and carefully went over the group of girls. She dusted off her skirt, ran her fingers through her hair and took a breath. "Hey, Lilith. How are you doing?"

She turned around at the mention of her name and smiled at her. "Oh, hey! It's you!" She stood and rush to her, hugging her tightly. "Thanks for helping me up this morning."