Chapter 8: Two Steps

The day went by faster then Eris wanted it to. She only saw Vonnie in class, but they didn't talk. Vonnie didn't even look at her, as if she wasn't even there. Lilith's words echoed in her head every time she wanted to say something to her. She was split in half.

"The bell is about to ring," the teacher says while sighing. "For the next few days you guys will be given a break. Lots of things has happened lately and the whole school needs to relax. If you want to stay at Fantasia Getaway Resort you can sign up for it on the school's website, but if you prefer to stay here that's fine as well. Just as on the trip to the Resort, there will be teachers here to watch over you."

The class silents began to break as the students starts to talk. Eris looked around and wondered what she should do. A group of friends were already on their phones and talking about the large waterfall pool and the grand rooms. She even overheard that a few people say that they just wanted to sleep the whole break so they are just gonna stay at the school. Eris thought about which she should choose. The bell rings and everyone leaves. 

The hall was full of other talking about the break. Some were happy for it, but other were worried. There was a underline of question of why the break came up so suddenly.

"Jeremy and Dexter is still in the nurses office. Sebastian wouldn't go to the Resort," a girl says to her friend as the they past Eris. "Everyone how cares about the Princes will stay to try and see if they recover soon."

Eris rubbed her eyes as she shut her locker. She didn't sleep well and today wasn't her best day. Reaching into her bag for her phone, her hand brushed against some paper. Taking it out, she sighs a little too loud making a few other look at her with confusion.  

It was her letter.

Jogging all the way down the steps to the office, she grew a little frustrated. How could she have forgotten the letter she wrote just the other night? She shook her head. She stopped herself from remembering that night. She felt guilty that she spent the whole day worriedly thinking about what she was gonna do with all this new information. More and more things were popping up. She didn't know if she should be grateful to to know all of this or if she was better not knowing about the school's curse. 

Before she could knock on the door, she pauses. Looking down at her letter she studies it in her hand. Carefully she opens the door. 

"Oh, evening, Princess Eris," the principal jumps in his seat. "Do you need anything? Is it about the up coming break?"

Awkwardly, she holds up the letter. "I wanted to send this off to my parents."

He stands up and walks over to her. "I'll make sure it goes out before I leave for the Resort."

"Your're leaving?" Eris arched her brows. 

He goes back to his deck and placed the letter in a drawer. "Yes, but there will be many other teachers that will stay here to watch over the students that don't choose to leave for the Resort." He sits down and looks down at few papers, before he looks up again and ask, "Are you staying?"

Eris held her bag strap, thinking over what she believes she should do. "Yes. I'm not that comfortable in strange places yet. I'm still trying to get use to being here." She let out a nervous chuckle.

Nodding he says, "That's understandable, Princess Eris. I hope you and your classmates enjoy this break even though it appeared a little soon." 

She only bowed her head and left out the office. As she closed the door she heard him let out a sigh. She stood there and rethought what she just said. Shouldn't she leave the school and relax from all the stress this stress has already given her? She thinks that the best idea, but it didn't feel right. Staying here, as stressful as it is, she felt that she had to remain here. 

Walking to her dorm, the hallways were no longer crowded as people were planning for the break that starts the next day. She didn't care if Vonnie was in the living area, she went straight to her room. Putting her bag away and crawls into bed. Crawling up, she didn't care if her mom would be upset that she would get wrinkles in her outfit. The covers felt cool and soft against her skin. Was she hot before? Letting out a long sigh, her body relaxed even more. Closing her eyes, she let her body melt into the covers.

~~~~~~~~~

She jumped awake. 

The figure froze in place just as it was only two steps away from being in her bed. As a breeze comes through the open patio door, Eris' body reacted. She quickly hit them with a  pillow. They blocked it with their arm. 

They blocked it.....

She let out a scream that only grew louder as the fear crawled into her bones. She closed her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks. She hear them rush out her room and out on to the patio, but she couldn't move. Her body was shaking and the tears continued to fall. Seconds later her dorm room slammed open. 

"Eris!" Vonnie was quickly on her bed, next to her. "Did they hurt you? What happened?"

She shook her head. "They - they were r-real..," she manged to say.

Vonnie only jumped off her bed to close the patio doors and looked at her one last time before she runs out of their dorm screaming for help. 

Eris stayed in the bed as she could hear Vonnie yelling and other joining hers shortly, but even thought she could hear them her mind was still stuck on when they blocked her pillow. 

They raised their arm. It wasn't a monster.

It was a person. A Royal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading this chapter!

I'll be trying to push out a few more chapters before the end of this weekend!

Stay Tuned To Find Out How Was In Eris' Room And Why Were In There?