Chapter 7: Broken Rings

Eris felt her heart drop.

"I only saw them for a quick second, but they looked pretty bad," she breathed out. She had on her pjs, but her hair was wet.

"How bad is bad!" Her worry was starting to boil over.

Bella blinked and looked as if someone slapped her. She glanced between Eris and Vonnie, then her eyes settled on Vonnie in a burning rage. Quickly she closed the door and started to rip into Vonnie. "You haven't told her yet! Have you lost your mind? Do you know how dangerous that is? For her and the whole school!"

"I never had a roommate before, okay? I don't know how to tell someone that the school is cursed!" Vonnie argued back. Her face is flowing red with embarrassment.

Bella took in a long breath and sighed. "You could've gotten us in deep trouble if she told her family. Since you don't want to tell her I will before she has a panic attack."

They sat down on the sofas after Eris gave Bella a towel for her hair and Vonnie made herself some tea. 

Bella took a breath before she began. "To put it simply, the school is cursed. When the founders were building the school, they awoke something evil. Soon after the school was finished and the first ever school year started the students and teacher began to be attacked by monsters. When the Kings and Queens heard of these monsters attacking they're hires they protested for the school to be closed forever." She sighed. "After a years of them trying to get rid of the monsters and end the curse, and the young royals being trained poorly by maids and their parents, the founders and the young royals made a promise to each other. The school will give them the best teachers, living space, safety and freedom and we give them the best grades, awards, help them break the curse."

"Safety? Dexter and his brother isn't safe right now." Eris huffed.

"I know," Bella's eyes dim. "But they'll get better soon."

Eris rubbed her hands over her face. "What if I get attacked? I don't have my powers yet. What if I get cornered by a Ghost or something."

Vonnie held her cup of tea harder, but keep her mouth closed. Bella took a moment to think.

"Ghost are weak to light mostly, but it needs to be strong to get rid of it, but if you get caught off guard by one with no way of fighting it yourself, you could use your phone flashlight. That would give you enough time to run away and find someone to help you or hide."

"Void?" Eris raised her brows. "What about those? What happens if you get attacked by a ghost or Void? What happens to you?" she asked. She thought back to Dexter and tried not to seem as if she asked the question to know what happened to him. 

Bella ran her finger through her hair and answered,"If a Ghost gets to you it can trap you in the darkest parts of your own nightmares. The longest it ever lasted for someone was a few days and the shortest, I think, is half an hour. Voids are more powerful than Ghosts. They have a few things in common, but Voids can't be defeated by light. The only thing to get raid of them is to destroy the crystal on their forehead. It a lot harder then you think since they are really tall and their screams send electric shocks through the person that hears it.

Covering her ears in reaction she asks, "How do people recover from that!"

"Don't overthink it," she said. "They'll get better. This isn't the first time this happened to them."

Eris stood up and started pacing in front of the fire place again. "Why didn't the principal tell me any of this? He's the principal for crying out loud!"

"Do you want to want to wake everyone on our hall?" Vonnie snapped.

"You have no right to tell me what to do. You've been holding all this from me all this time!"