Chapter 1: Star-winged Horses

"Don't forget to be nice to all your teachers. Give them an apple or whatever teachers like to snack on now and days,"  Lyric said as she brushed her hair . 

"Yes mamma."

"Also, the school is fairly large. Please don't get lost on your first day. You don't want to seem clueless to the others." She finished brushing and placed the brush down and picked up a large black bow from the vanity. She quickly put the bow in the back of her  short light purple hair with one  side braided and walked around in front of her. Her face lit up. "You look simply radiant , my dear!"

Before she could say that she didn't enjoy the braid , someone knocks on the door. Ford walks in and smiles seeing her. "You look perfect ."

She smiled shyly and thanked him.

"Before I start to cry we're ready for you to leave. The train will be arriving in a hour. If we go now we can make it with minutes to spare."

They all climbed into the carriage as they told her a few more things to keep in mind as they rode from the Kingdom of Everlasting Night as Star-winged horses pulled them into the lavender and blue silk sky.  Lyric and Ford  continued to remind her of  rules and manners to have, but when she saw the train station she smiled.

Boarding the train was hard for her as she watched as her parents hold back tears. They hugged her tightly, reminding her to write them as soon as she could. Hearing the uneven tone in their voices shot a ping of sadness in her chest. 

"I'll miss you," she whispered to them as the last train whistle blew. Hopping  on to the train and found her seat she looks out the window. She waved at them. The train starts to move, and as they grow smaller the slower her hand waves. She watched until they were no longer in sight. She wipes away her tears before they could slide down her cheeks.

    ~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome Princess Eris to Royale High," the carriage driver says as he pulls up in front of the white, sky blue and rose pink marble castle. The walls were high into the lightly clouded sky as it reflected the sun, shining  gloriously with its classic architect. She didn't know how big she believed it would be, but she didn't think it would be this large. Hoping out she smoothed out her long ruffled black and light purple skirt and tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"Do you need any help getting any of the luggage inside?"

She walked behind the carriage and waved her hand. "It's alright I got it, but thank you for asking." She pulled her bags off and carried them up a few stairs and across a dark wooden bridge. When she stepped inside the castle the chatter of the other students become alive. The smell of warm dough and tea excited her stomach, but most importantly she didn't try and stare at anyone as she walked past the cafe area to get to Principal's Office, but she couldn't help it. There were mermaids with glittering scales and long tails, half- dragons sat at the far end of the area, fanning out their wings showing off their size and the small flames burning off of them, while the cat girls chased each other around. She couldn't believe her eyes at first. She's never seen so many different types of royals before in one place before. 

Bringing herself back to what she had to do she walked past the cafe area, seemingly unnoticed, and knocked on the Principal's door. It took only a minute for the wide doors to open and a short, gray haired man to wave her inside. She stepped inside and dropped her bags beside a chair as he walked around to get behind his office desk.

"Princess Eris, I'm excited to have you stay and learn here in Royale High. I've heard very few about your kingdom. Not many of your past rulers came here I believe," he sat down, pulled out a short stack of papers and glanced through them.