Chapter 6: Pool Side

Her breath was caught in her throat. Everyone stood awwing and cooing over it. She couldn't stop staring and it bothered her to the core. Everyone else looked so pleased with it, but tears were fighting to come from her eyes. She blinked them away and looked around the classroom to see who the painting belonged to. She couldn't understand any of this. That was her home. Her castle. Her Kingdom was very new. Other Kingdoms weren't allowed to visit. The Grand Opening was meant to be when Garnet got married. That was meant to happen soon, to a Prince from one of the oldest Kingdoms of the magical world. Eris was keep in the dark about Garnet when she was starting to be handed the throne of the Kingdom. All of their subjects were exciting to see Garnet slowly show herself more in public. They knew what was happening and they couldn't be anymore hopeful. 

It was her role to be kept in the dark when her sister grew older,carefully being trained to take her rightful place as the new Queen. Eris was happy for her and so happy about her soon -to - be marriage, even if she didn't know who she was getting married to. Garnet was always smiling and laughing and making everyone around enjoy the day ahead of them. Eris enjoyed bring around her as everyone else be. To Eris, she was a shining star, leading her Kingdom into a new era of social goals. She didn't know what was gonna happen to her, but she could careless half the time. She understood it was her sister's time to shine, and her plan was to be there for her, cheering all the way. 

The students around her began to stir, breaking her from her thoughts. 

"Where are they?"

"Did they come to class?"

They were looking for the person that made the painting.  She searched with them, hoping for some type of answer. Some type of ... something. There was that same chilling shiver up her spin, but she didn't notice it as the words that left Mr. Phil mouth made her heart fall.

"Princess Charlotte, please step forward and share your creative thoughts while creating this."

Eris stood, watching her proudly walk down from her seat. She took in the gasps and congrats. Her curly buns bounced as she walked. There was no shame in her eyes, but tears came to Eris'. She watched as she stood beside the painting, smiling. She couldn't put the pieces together.

"Princess Charlotte made this breathtaking painting and she'll expla-"

"That's my home."

Everyone turned their gaze from Charlotte to Eris, standing in the walk away in the middle of the classroom. She held her hand to her chest.

"Eris?," Mr.Phil questioned.

"That's my home. Everlasting Night. It was build only a few years ago."

Charlotte frowned, noticing that she didn't have everyone's attention. "What?"

"That's the side of the castle building." She took steps, one by one. "It still has the crack in it when they made a little mistake while making it."

Small gasps and whispers began to form in the air. Charlotte glanced around and balled her fist by her sides. "I just saw it somewhere when I visited another Kingdom." 

"What Kingdom?" She asked. "It's very new and no one has been allowed to visit yet."

"I don't know."

Eris was standing only  a few steps away from the painting. She couldn't stop staring at it. It was just like it. So perfect. And she envied it. Tears made her vision blur. She could see Mr. Phil looking at her, confused, but worried. She could smell the light grass. "I miss it." She lightly touched it, feeling the light bounces of the dried paint. "You did- very well." She smiled at her as hot tears rolled down her cheeks as it burned her on it's way down.