𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿 - 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙿𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚔

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A single sigh escaped my lips as I grabbed the canned drink that I had ordered from the vending machine.

I leaned against the wall and took a sip of it before something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

It was a bear...a bear that was standing? It had something on its back as it passed by where I was.

Walking out of the alleyway, where that vending machine I had ordered from was, I stared at the bear that scanned its area. It looked confused.

The bear then turned around and gasped as soon as it saw me. I deadpanned as I stared directly at Emma's face.

"Hi, I'm a bear." Emma introduced herself as something that she was not. I stared at her with a blank expression.

"Should I pretend I didn't see you?" I lightly chuckled. She asked why I had to come out of that alleyway, so I told her that there was a specific drink that could only be found in that vending machine.

"More importantly, why are you walking around with a bear outfit?" I asked. It's the first week of December.

If she was planning to dress up as a not-so-scary bear for Halloween, she should've done that a month ago.

"I thought I'd use it to scare everyone since no one would expect to see a bear." she confessed. Why all of a sudden?

"But it looks like my first try had already failed." she sulked in the corner as I tried to comfort her.

"You know, your face is still fully visible, so they'd probably be more surprised than scared." I pointed out.

"Fear not, my dear friend, for I will not allow such foolish mistakes." she mischievously giggled as she pressed some kind of button.

" she mischievously giggled as she pressed some kind of button

Pressing the button allowed her to cover her whole face. Not gonna lie, I would indeed be scared of that feature.

We decided to walk together to school. Emma wanted to find someone else to make as her target.

"There's my next victim." Emma smirked as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me to hide behind the bushes.

Ray was leaning against the trunk of a tree as he blew on his hands to keep them from freezing in this cold day.

"Is Ray waiting to meet up with you?" I questioned. Now that I realized it, Ray would always appear at places I would always go to, then we'll go to school together.

"If that were the case, he would have noticed that I was trying to scare him from a mile away." Emma argued.

"You have a point, seeing as this is Ray." I agreed with her.

"This is what's going through his head while he's waiting, 'Y/n's late. Did that dummy oversleep again? There's so much snow piled up today that it's getting cold. I hope she gets here soon.'." she teased.