𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 - 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

My dog has been acting weird lately.

I can't seem to understand why.

He would often bark at my balcony, even though there was no one. At night, he barks even louder.

Not to mention how his food disappears after I had just placed it in his bowl.

I never gave him the command to eat yet, nor did I tell him that his food was ready. I didn't even see him eat it.

But, it disappears.

Today, I decided to investigate.

My mom went out again to catch up to the 50% sale of ingredients at the local grocery store, leaving me all alone.

Usually, if this were a horror movie, the main character would investigate this alone and we all know how it goes.

The main character manages to either survive, thanks to plot armor, or they die.

And I'm not that foolish to investigate the unknown alone, so I dial my friends' numbers at a time.

"Emma, can you come over?" I asked.

"Sure! It might take a while though. I just finished playing tennis." Emma explained.

"Oh, that's fine. Go home and take a rest. Make sure to drink plenty of water." I reminded.

"Will do!" she cheerfully said. She hung up after saying that the train arrived.

"Norman, are you busy?" I asked over the phone.

"No. I'm just handling some paper works. Why?" he asked.

"Nevermind. I was wondering if you could come over. Finish those paper works. Bye-bye." I said, hanging up.

I let out a sigh. Both of my friends seem busy with their own personal lives. Guess I am left with only one option.

"Ray? You busy?" I inquired.

"I'm doing math homework. Do you need something?" he asked as I heard scribbling. He must be busy as well.

"It's nothing. I was just wondering if you could come over since I'm alone and kinda scared. Good luck with your homework though. I said.

Before I could hang up, I heard a loud thud and a bunch of hurried footsteps.

"Ray?! Did you fall?" I exclaimed. He suddenly hung up and my doorbell rang.

I gulped as I approached it. I took a peek using those peep holes to see...Ray?

Unlocking the door, I opened it and allowed him in. I didn't even hear his footsteps on the stairs.

"What are we doing?" he asked, out of breath.

"Ray, what about your homework?" I asked.

"Homework? Are you saying that's more important than you?" he scoffed, flicking my forehead.

I winced at the stinging pain.

"You're far more important than any kind of homework." he stated.

My ears suddenly felt hot from his choice of words.

Before I could say anything in response, my dog started barking again.

"Muffin, you're gonna wake up the neighbors." Ray groaned, walking to my room and opening it. He just stood there in shock.

I followed after him and took a peek. There was an old man on my balcony, eating the dog food.

When our eyes made contact, he quickly ran away. Ray immediately chased after him and caught him before he could get away.