Chapter 6

"Where am I?" Nightmare thought. He was walking around a dark void. He was normal, no more flowers on him which was weird.

He continued to walk around. He saw a bright green figure.

"Hello?"

The figure turned around. It was a woman. She had worn a simple pink dress. She looked like a tree. Her hair was grass and she had horns made from wood.

"M-mama?" Nightmare stammered.

"Hello sweety," she greeted her son with a big smile.

Nightmare came running towards his mom and hugged her. He felt so happy seeing his mom.

"Where are we mama?" Nightmare asked, looking around the blank void. "And how are you here?"

"We're in your head, dear!" his mother exclaimed, carrying her small son. "I just came to visit you."

"Oh... Will I see you again?"

"I'm not sure. One day maybe but I want to let you know that your Dream loves you dearly."

"But he always wants to kill me!" Nightmare protested. "He wants to kill me to eliminate negativity!"

"I know, sweety but he just have the wrong thinking," His mom explained. "He loves his little brother so much!"

"O-okay..." Nightmare muttered.

"I have to go now sweety, I love you!" said his mom.

"W-what? Why so soon?! I just met you!" Nightmare whined.

"Don't worry, sweety, I'll be watching you and your brother," said his mom. "I love you."

"I love you..." Nightmare whispered into his mom's ear.

Then she disappeared. Nightmare was left on the floor of his head. He was left with nothing but his thoughts.

"I'll just stay here then..."

~~~~~

Five skeletons were going through portals of multiple AUs, trying to find the purple guardian. Sadly, luck was not on their side. But they did not give up.

"Can't you feel his negativity?" Cross asked Dream, opening a portal to Outertale.

"No, it's very weak... Ugh, remind me to let Blue destroy that AU..." Dream sighed.

"NO!" Cross shouted.

"Would you rather let innocent people and monsters get killed by the disease?!"

While the bird and the Oreo were arguing, Ink was watching them argue as if it was a TV show or something, Error and Blue were trying to find Nightmare using the code files.

"What if we aren't able to find him?!" Error asked Blue, tearing up.

Blue hated seeing the back skeleton like this, so he tried to comfort him.

"Don't worry, we'll find him!" Blue assured the black skeleton.

"R-really?" Error stammered, blushing a bit.

"Yes, of course!" Blue replied, blushing as well.

"Ooh, there's a lot of drama," Ink thought, eating some popcorn he brought along with him just in case he was hungry.

"Guys, come on! We got Nightmare's location!" Error squealed excitedly.

Dream and Cross shouted, "WHERE!?"

They all gathered around the code file.

"It says that his location is in the Snowdin forest of a copy of Underfell AU," Blue explained.

"Then let's go!" said Cross excitedly.

Error opened the portal to the copy of Underfell and they all quickly went through. They all searched the forest to find Nightmare.

"We'll all return to this spot after a few hours," Dream explained.

After a few hours, everyone except Error returned.

"Any luck?" Ink asked.

"No..." the rest answered.

"Hey... where's Error?" Cross asked curiously.

"I think he's still trying to find Nightmare," said Ink.

"Let's go find him," said Blue worriedly.

"I FOUND HIM!!!"