Chapter Twelve

I woke up the next morning to "All of me" by John Legend and a bucket of ice-cream right infront of my eyes. Sydney had prepared a so called "Ex flushing" procedure that began with John Legend and ice-cream for a week. The next level was going to the bar every night to get drunk for a week. And the last stage consisted in having one-night-stands for a week. I had to agree, she really had it all figured out, but it wasn't worthed. Wasting three weeks of my life sobbing over a playboy cheater who had broken the heart of a thousand girls, karma was going to get him. I had a strong feeling about it. 

    "Sydney, he was a cheater, I broke up with him. I'm perfectly fine. Now will you please turn that damn thing off, it's a saturday and I really desire to sleep" I said with my head burried in the softness of my pink pillow. 

    "Oh honey, you say that now, but trust me, you are going to need this. You haven't had a date in a long time sweety and after Rahul and  this, you need this. I mean you might have broken up with him, but I know, I just do, that you had some good times with him. And after you lost you virginity to him-" I instantly interrupted her to correct her incorrect thoughts

    "Wow wow wow, calm down there. I never slept with him Syd. And besides you know I'm over Bhatia. He is history, and if I would have been heartbroken about David, don't  you think I would have been crying the whole night?" I said frustrated, up from my bed walking towards my closet.  

    "Ok so you didn't sleep with him and so you didn't cry all night but that doesn't make a difference. You broke up and every girl deserves the Ex Flush in their life. And by the way, if you were so over Bhatia then why do you still carry around the flowers he gave to you at the Scott ball?" She said with her arms on her hips, as if she just proved her point. I stood there with a puzzled face and an open mouth with absolutley no words coming out of it. Then I suddenly spoke.

    "So what your trying to say is that I still have feelings for Rahul?" I questioned with an angry look on my face, hoping the answer would be yes. It was true that I hated Rahul for what he did to me, but even after everything, I still believed there was good in him, that he was still my best friend. I even believed that there could still be and him and me. It was a stupid and rather distracting thought, but my mind refused to eliminate the thought at all costs. Rahul was still in my mind, my heart and my life. He was and is my best friend and even though I wanted to I couldn't get rid of him.

   "Yes! Don't you get it? He was your best friend back when you were young, and you might have fallen for him then, but you still love him now. I mean why else would you have done so much for him. You pretended to be his girlfriend despite the fact that you started liking him and it was for him to get voldemort, you hid the fact that Michaela took drugs just so you wouldn't hurt him, you went to the extent of helping him ge rid of drugs, you broke your leg for heavens sake, and still had hope for both of you even though he told you that he would have fallen for you if Michaela didn't exist, but she does. And don't even get me started on how you blush or act everytime you see him." She said walking around the room listing the facts. Sydney was right. I still had feelings for Rahul, but I wasn't ready to accept it.

    "Look I did all of that because as you said, he is my best friend. And the leg breaking was an accident, I got hit by a deer, by accident. In addition, I do not blush when he is around, you just see it that way but I don't have anything for him anymore. " At this point I wasn't even sure who I was trying to convince of that. I had feelings for Rahul. There was no going back. Sydney stared at me waiting for me to confess. It was clear, so there was no point in hiding it. "Alright, fine. I have feelings for him, happy? But that doesn't really matter because he is with Michaela, remember? The girl he used me to impress? The girl with the drug addiction. Voldemort. He is with her now and there is nothing I can do about it. ´ I would have fallen for you if Michaela didn't exist´ is what he said, not I am falling in love with you with or without Michaela. " By this time my nerves were getting tensed up and I couldn't help but fall into tears. The thought of losing him as a friend was tragic, but the thought of losing him to Michaela was just stupid. She had taken over what I wanted in the blink of an eye. She had everything, popularity, money, perfect body, guys drooling on her, DRUGS. There is nothing I ever took from her, nevertheless she took the thing that I most wanted in my life and the thing I finally had a chance to get, Rahul. Sydney came up to me and hugged me tightly, stroking my hair as I cried in her arms.  I was hurt and he didn't realise it. I know it wasn't his fault, but I wish, I just wish he would have stopped liking that bitch after he found out after her drug addiction. He had never fallen for a girl so hard, and he was oblivious of his surroundings when he was with her. She made him a different person, a bad person and he couldn't see that. I wanted to tell him, show him what he had become, but just like a person with a drug addiction, there is no going back. I stopped crying and got up from the bed, I know this might have been the millionth time I thought this, but this time I intended on following my thought. I wanted to get over Rahul, again. The pain hurt more than I thought and at this point I was even willing to use the Ex Flushing procedure, even if it was a waste of time, I was willing to do anything to make the pain stop. There was an issue though, everytime I tried, something stopped me. It stopped me back then and it stopped me now, fate. I recieved a message from Rahul telling me to meet him at his apartment as soon as possible and that it was an emergency. I didn't want to go, but the word emergency kept clicking in my mind like the noise of a police car.