Chapter Fourteen

Priya's  POV 

    "Ok honey, Sydney dear, calm down, you don't want to be drunk on your honeymoon do you? Do you want to upset Olivia? Sydney? You there?" I said talking on the phone as I walked into the the grand "Talk" magazine's office building. I had a board meeting in ten minutes yet here I was trying to convince drunk Sydney not to get drunk on her honeymoon. Olivia and Sydney were the longest relationship I ever witnessed. They made it through all of college and three years of job. They got married last week in San Francisco, Olivia's hometown. I was very happy for them, and I got to be Sydney's made of honor. Another thing that lasted apart from Olivia and Sydney from college was our friendship. Even after we graduated college, we saw each other almost every day. I walked into the elevator where three people were already inside, that was when Sydney started laughing out loud so that the people surrounding me could hear it. It was a bit embarrasing, but it was Sydney. 

I hung up on her instantly as I got out of the elevator and walked into my office to find my assistant, Martin Jackson and my cousin, Karina Bhatt sitting on my couch making out. This, was an unusual view. I froze. They didn't seem to notice that I was watching them so I gave a little cough until they both jolted up in shock. I cleared my throat and said

    "What the hell is going on here?" both of them sprung up from the couch as my assistant started running out of the office with an apologetic face. I stopped him at the door and pushed him back "No no no, your not going anywhere mister until you both explain to me what is going on between you two." 

    "Alright look, remember when I went to that concert three days ago and told you that I met this guy?" Karina said emerging from behind Martin.

    "Yes" I said recalling the memory.

    "Well, turns out it was him. I didn't know his name or anything, but I came to visit you for the first time today and I found him here. One thing lead to another and-"

    "Ya ok I got it, no details needed. Look it's fine with me if your dating but not when he is at work, outside work you can do whatever you want ok?" said with a warning look on my face. "I do not want to walk into you two making out again" I said shrugging my shoulders in disgust. Both of them nodded and after a short smile at my cousin, Martin walked out of the door. Martin had been working as my assistant for about three years now, and never did he dissapoint me or complain to me about anything. He was tall and skinny, with green eyes and coffee brown hair. He also, was three years younger to me. Karina walked up to my desk and sat on the chair opposite my table as I confortably sat back on my new posh black chair.

    "So cousin, what brings you here today?" I said flipping around in my chair.

    "Well, I wanted to see your office before you leave. When are you leaving for Madrid anyways?" She asked as she snuck into her purse for some chewing gum.

    "On the 27th. Back next year"

    "Any exciting plans for New Years Eve? Dates?" She asked with a smirk on her face. Karina was known for setting me up with the most amaing people ever. Most of my long lasting boyfriends, came from her contacts, and none of them were jerks. She seemed to have very good taste in men. 

    "I don't know what we're doing for New Years this year. I guess I'll find out when I get there. And no, don't have a date, and don't want one. But thanks"  Thats when I immediatley remembered "Shit, my board meeting" I stood up and ran out of the room leaving my cousin alone in my office in total surprise.

Rahul's  POV 

    "Yes mum, mhm, yes mum, alright, ok mum, see ya mum, bye mum." My mother. The most annoying but at the same time the sweetest person I knew. She was strict, but she did for my good. I was sitting inside the flight that was going to take me back home, Madrid. It had been years since I last went to visit my parents. The flight was full of spanish children and chinese tourists. It was impossible to sleep with the loud noise of the kids and people continuousley entering and exiting the toiletts. It was a long ride, and I needed a lot of patience to get through it.