Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N

Hey guys! So very sadly, this is the last chapter of Just Fate. I really loved writing this book and I am extremly sad that it's ending. I know it has a lot of mistakes but I will edit everything soon. I want to thank you all so much for reading and supporting, it really means a lot to me since this is my first book ever and english isn't my first language. I will be posting a new book soon so it would be great if you could help me and check it out. I promise to make it much better than this book. Anyways, this chapter isn't that long since it's the last one but I just wanted to end my story short and happy so I hope you like it! Once again thank you so much for all your support, I love you all!!! Enjoy!!

Priya's  POV 

    3 years later...

    "Riya! Stop putting that pencil in your mouth! You don't want to get sick on your birthday do you?" I said as I placed my gorgous three-year old daughter on the kitched counter, grabbing the pencil she had been playing with for the last hour. "Sweety your friends are coming, you don't want to spoil your clothes do you? You want to look nice in front of your friends right?" She simply nodded sympathetically as she stretched her arms out to me.

    "Up mommy, up" she said as she stretched her arms out for me to carry her. Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up, carrying her to her bedroom. It was her third birthday and I had invited a couple of her friends and the family over. "Mommy I want daddy." she suddenly said as I was about to enter her bedroom. The look on her soft brown eyes was convincing enough for me to take her to her father, that was still sleeping. Rahul had been busy with work latley so he had been sleeping a lot. I carried her into my bedroom, where the firgure of a shirtless Rahul lay on my bed. He layed on his stomach, exposing his very clean and muscular back. His hair was messy from my touch and his arms around the bed. Instead of waking him up like I normally would, with a delilcate kiss, I placed Riya oh his back as I knew her touch would instantly wake him up. "Daddy daddy, up." she said jumping softly with the excitement. A smile slowly drew on his face after he heard her voice instantly. 

    "Happy Birthday princess" he said to her, slowly turning around as I now placed Riya next to him on the bed and sat next to her. His gaze went up to her and without a word he leaned up and kissed our daughter on her forehead. 

    "Daddy party, daddy party" she said in excitement as she was jumping on the bed next to him. He let out a chuckle and instantly picked her up in his arms, lifting himself off the bed. He walked towards the closet with her as he came back with a pink bag, Riya's birthday present, in his hands. He placed her back on the bed and pulled me closer to him.

    "Do you want to see what mommy and daddy got you?" he said. Her eyes instantly lit up at the sight of her present as she nodded her head in desperation. We giggled before handing her the pink bag which had her favourite barbie doll in it. She hugged it tightly when she revealed it and was thrilled. 

    "Barbie, Barbie!" she screamed hugging it tighter. Rahul's gaze instatntly fell on me before he leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips.

    "Thank you" he whispered in my ear as he pulled back from my lips. 

    "For what?" I asked in confusion, narrowing my eyes.

    "For going through all the pain and suffering and giving me the two most precious girls in my life. I love you. " He said smiling, his eyes covered with lust. 

    "Anytime, I love you too." I said recapturing his lips with mine as our daughter played with her toys attentivley, not paying attention to our make out session. 

*****

    Everyone had now left Riya's party, leaving our whole family behind. My parents, parents-in-law, my brother, my sister-in-law, my godchild or should I say, niece, my brother-in-law and his wife and finally, a very pregnant Karina and Martin. After Karina found out she was pregnant six months ago, she couldn't resist not telling her parents and returned at once. Suprisingly, they took her back without a fight and her conditions were perfect. They loved Martin and they loved the fact that they were soon going to be grand-parents. When me and Rahul revealed the news of my pregnancy to out brothers, thery were nothing but happy. We thought it would take more convincing for our parents, but they were as content as we were. There was a new light in the family after Riya was born. Everyone loved her so much as she was always filled with joy and brightness, even when she was a baby. She barely cried and was the most patient baby I had ever known. We were all scattered in my living room, looking at baby picture of ourselvs, recalling the memories as we laughed and went through the same old stories. 

    As the night ended everyone returned to their homes, Riya had gone to my brother's house, to have a sleepover with my niece Prerna which left me and Rahul alone in the house. We decided to take a walk to the rooftop where Rahul had proposed to me. The place that was filled with my overwhelming stories. It was a place of peace, a place of quiet. 

    "Do you remember our life eleven years ago. The time I met you again in university." He whispered from beside me, his hand in mine as we sat on the corner, gazing at the breathtaking view. I nodded remembering the memories. The drama, pain and love. 

    "Yeah, I was in love with you, you wanted Michaela and I helped you with it. I went with David we had a fight and we broke our friendship." I started "But I remember seeing you at the Madrid airport, a couple days before new years eve. We were too afraid to even look at each other. And a couple days after that, we started the year with having drunk sex." I said laughing at all the shit we had been through. He laughed with me as we both reallised how stupid we were back then. 

    "We fought for nothing. We didn't speak  for seven years for nothing. I mean, where did that get us? I'm not just married to you, I am the father of our child. I mean, how did that even happen?" I smiled as I instantly knew the answer to that. 

    "Just fate." I said looking deep into his eyes. We stared at eachother for a while, our fingers mixed together as the strong and silent bond of love surrounded us. I believed that me and Rahul were meant to be, since the first time I saw him. I lost my hope after I left for university, but immediatley brought it back the day I saw him at the diner in Vancouver. Nothing could break us apart. Not ever, not now. I was his and he was mine. Completley. Mine.

THE END