Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N 

Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that this book is almost at it's end. Two more Chapters! Anyways I wanted to let you know I might be starting my next book soon so please be sure to check that out. Your support would be great. Please comment below to tell me what you think of this chapter.  Apart from that, thank you so much for reading and supporting, you guys are great! I hope  you like this chapter!! Well, I'll leave you to it then!! 

Rahul's  POV 

    "What do you think she will say?" I asked  nervousley showing the ring to Varun and Hiten. It was final. I wanted her, badly. I was going to propose to her tonight. Tell her I wanted her to be mine forever. I know she wanted to take things slow, but I wanted her badly, especially after David and Michaela. I. Wanted. Her. We hadn't told our parents yet, but I wanted her all to myself before they found out and started pressuring her or worse, kicked me out of her life for getting her pregnant. She was so happy after the ultrasound, so was I and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, keeping the most beautiful smile drawn on her face. 

    "Dude stop panicking she will say yes. She loves you alright?" Hiten said shrugging his shoulders as he walked back into the kitchen to grab a beer. I had managed to convince Priya to get out of the house and meet Sydney, she was dead scared, but I convinced her anyways. I knew that if Michaela or David even laid a hand on her, I would kill them. 

    "Please don't tell me you got her pregnant?" Varun screamed looking at the ring. I froze, I knew he was saying it as a joke, but his joke was in fact, true. I stared at him, cold for a minute, I couldn't tell him the truth, but he was like a brother to me and I didn't want to lie to his face. I knew that if he found out he would kill me, afterall, I did get his sister pregnant before marriage. 

    "What?" is all I managed to say after he started suspecting my rigid face. 

    "Chill dude, I was kidding. You must really love her a  lot if you bought her this ring? I mean that diamond is huge. She will definitley say yes. When you going to propose to her anyways?" he said handing me the maroon velvet box back.

    "Well, I am going to talk to our parents first. I know they are going to say yes, but I want to ask you father for permission before I do it. So I'll do it tonight. As a matter of fact, I have lunch with our parents so if you don't mind, I have to get  going." I said pushing through my brother and well, soon to be brother-in-law, I hope, grabbing my jacket and keys from the sofa right outside the door after a short goodbye. 

    I knew our parents were dying to watch us get married, but I know Priya, she is so classy and filmy, and I just know she would internally want me to ask her father for permission to marry his daughter. Besides, I sort of owed it to them since they are still oblivious about her pregnancy. After reading that message we both thought we were dead, but thankfully, nothing had happened yet. We both wanted this baby badly, but we knew how our parents would react if we told them. Indian parents and before marriage babies = not good. 

    I found myself sweating as I sat  infront of both parents as they stared at me, waiting for me to talk.

    "Well, I .... Umm... I have gathered you here today because um.... well.... I... wanted to um...."

    "Dear, what is it?" I heard Priya's mother cut me off as I shaked my legs in nervousness. Why was I so nervous? I knew their answer. Cut the crap Rahul, just do it. I soon found myself finding the courage to ask them and did it without any thought.

    "I wanted to ask for your permission to marry your daughter." Shocked. They all stared at me as if Harry Potter had just died. My stress jumped back in as a tornado of silence came through us. Oh shit! What have I done? Oh shit, shit, shit. They know? Wait, no they can't! Ughhh! Suddenly, Jessica Gupta's hand laid on top of mine and a big comforting smile on her face. She shot a short glance at her husband who was smiling too.