ʚthe forbidden love.

word count: 0.7k.
genre/warnings: angst/ colorism? racism?
kim junkyu x black fem!reader

genre/warnings: angst/ colorism? racism? kim junkyu x black fem!reader

"you've got to be fuckin' kiddin' me..." you trailed off, looking at your twitter feed. you couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

the sound of people sending you texts, tweets, and snaps were driving you crazy so you silenced your phone as you tried to comprehend what was going on.

"you've got to be fuckin' kiddin' me..." you trailed off again, feeling your eyes water.

you heard your phone ringing, and when you looked at the screen, it was the last person you wanted to speak to right now, "i'm sorry," you sniffled, shaking your head.

"you don't have to apologize for nothing, you didn't do anything," he softly spoke.

you could hear the sadness and fear in his voice as he spoke to you. the two of you knew what was next and the both of you weren't ready.

you were still in disbelief as you read the article about you and junkyu on dispatch, 'junkyu spotted with foreigner girlfriend. who is she?' and you just felt the tears hit.

"i'm coming over," junkyu ended the silence through the phone and hung up.

was he crazy? your relationship was put out and now he's making his way to your apartment to come comfort you.

you heard the door unlock and you turned your head around to see junkyu dressed in sweatpants and jacket. he took a seat next to you on the couch and sighed. all you could do was put your head on his chest and look at him. he's been crying too, but why wouldn't he? his career was on the line because of you and he still chose to come to see you.

his phone began to ring and once he looked at his screen, his face had a look of fear. he picked up the phone and nodded his head, and when he hung up, he looked at you with a sympathetic look, "my company wants to see us," he looked at you and got up with a sigh.

your heart began to beat fast as the two of you were in their office looking at the articles, "junkyu, do you know how much trouble this is causing?" his manager spoke to the two of you, but he was just silent.

"not only will this look bad for you, but it'll look bad for our company and the group as well," his manager added.

"and why are you dating someone outside of your race," his manager looked at you and you grew angry.

"and what's the issue with him dating outside of his race?" you spoke up, sitting up from your chair.

"what is wrong with him dating a black girl? does it make you feel uneasy?" you scoffed, shaking your head.

"yeah i know i'm a black girl, but that doesn't mean imma let y'all disrespect me like this. especially in my face," you added, looking at them.

"we know you just want him for money," his manager spat.

"that's bullshit, i've been with junkyu for two years and you honestly think i want him for his money? chile please i have my own job and career. what you're not going to do is degrade me because of my race," you rolled your eyes at him as junkyu grabbed your hand.

you looked at junkyu and then his hand, and calmed down a bit. he gave you a small smile as he rubbed your hand with his thumb, "until we know what to with this situation and calm the press down, the two of you will not be allowed to see each other," his manger spoke, causing both you and junkyu's eyes to widen.

"you can't do that!" he shouted, looking at his manager.

"it's what best for your career junkyu,"he sighed.

"you guys can be friends, but this relationship is officially over," his manger got up and walked out of the office.

"this can't be happening," he sniffled, laying his head on your chest.

"it's okay," you ran your fingers up and down his back as your tears soon fell down your face.

"we can always facetime each other and see each other around," you added, laying your head on his shoulder.

"but that's not the point, i want to be with you. i want to be your boyfriend, not your friend," he lifted his head up, taking a look at you.

"we'll figure something out," you sighed, giving him a fake smile.

-
this is garbage, but i just love junkyu.🥲

🥲

he's just so cute🥺 i really want to make a junkyu book so bad🥲