ʚbound.

word count: 0.6k
genre/warnings: fluff/none
lee taeyong x black!fem!reader

Every afternoon is where the two would walk past each other

Every afternoon is where the two would walk past each other. Lost in the sea of people, not even knowing when they would encounter each other. Their eyes might've locked once, but neither of them thought especially about it.

See in the afternoons, Taeyong spent most of his time at the dance studio. He enjoyed using his free time to dance around and express how he felt while listening to music.

In the afternoons, she'd spend her time at the cafe. It was three doors down from the dance studio actually. There, she'd work on her schoolwork because it was better at the small cafe than at the apartment with her friends. Good coffee and a not-so-busy cafe, a win for her.

But what the two didn't know is that they'd soon cross paths.

Taeyong thought it was going to be the same ole regular afternoon but that soon changed when he looked at his phone

Taeyong thought it was going to be the same ole regular afternoon but that soon changed when he looked at his phone. The day he's teaching a class is the day he's running late. He took the quickest shower he could before he ran out of his house. The last thing he wanted to do be was out of breath before the class started, so he sped walk to the studio.

On the opposite side of the street, [your name] was supposed to be at a study session at the cafe. She lost track of time and rushed out of her apartment. 'Fuck,' she muttered to herself, trying to stuff her laptop charger in her backpack.

Two people are in a rush to get to their destination, not paying attention to their surroundings. That never ends well. And for those two? It went exactly how it usually goes, they bumped into each other. Taeyongs airpods and water bottle fell out of his hands while [your name]'s airpods and phone fell out of her hand.

"Sorry..." she grabbed his water bottle and airpods.

"It was my fault..." he awkwardly chuckled, handing her the phone and airpods.

"I'm responsible too," she chuckled, looking up and she was amazed.

He was beautiful. At least she got to run into an attractive man while she was late. And she was stunning, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Thanks for helpin' me..." she trailed off, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Right back at you," and the two got up and walked to their destination as if nothing happened.

They couldn't stop thinking about it each other, "sorry I'm late!" they both shouted. Taeyong looking at the people who showed up for his class, and [your name] staring at her fellow classmates.

 Taeyong looking at the people who showed up for his class, and [your name] staring at her fellow classmates

The two carried on with their day, and it wasn't until they were ready to leave... They noticed that they airpods were not theirs. They were too busy rushing to get to their destination, and didn't notice they grabbed the wrong ones.

Now they were on a mission to find each other. [your name] and Taeyong ran out of the doors, and began to look around. It's when the two turned their heads to the side, and they ran to each other.

"I believe these are yours..." she handed him the airpods with a slight smile.

"And these are yours..." he handed her the airpods with a smile.

"Sorry that this happened," he added while she chuckled.

"It's okay, these things happen. I'm just happy we weren't somewhere too far from each other,"

"I'm [your name] by the way..."

"Taeyong..." he held his hand out and she shook it.

His smile was beautiful. He was just beautiful. As corny as it sounded, she had butterflies in her stomach. But she wasn't the only one feeling butterflies in her stomach. Taeyong felt butterflies in his stomach as well. The way she smiled made his heart flutter.

They couldn't stop staring at each other. Is this what it felt like to fall in love with someone? Was this love at first sight?

"Would you like to grab lunch?" his eyes never leaving hers.

"I would love to..." her smile still plastered on her face.

"Great, I know a cool lunch spot just down the block," and the two began walking down the sidewalk.