ʚdemon massacre.

word count: 0.9k
genre/warnings: angst?/ none i'm not sure
based on an anime series 3: demon slayer
lee donghun one shot

9kgenre/warnings: angst?/ none i'm not surebased on an anime series 3: demon slayerlee donghun one shot

"donghun!" his mother shouted as he came running outside.

"yes mother?" he looked at her with a smile.

"the charcoal is prepared and ready for you to take to town." she placed the wooden basket down on the snow while he heard the voices of his siblings screaming and playing.

"hunnie can we come along please." his younger sister hyeji shouted with a smile on her face.

"me too!" his younger brother hyunwoo spoke, running up to him.

"me too!" donghyuck shouted, clinging onto his leg.

"guys, stop hanging on him." his mother chuckled as they slowly got off of him.

"donghun!" his sister jinwoo shouted as she had the youngest of the boys, minjoon on her back.

"i see that minjoon is fast asleep." he softly spoke, rustling his hands through his hair.

"he was running around and became tired." she chuckled, shaking her head.

"but i see you're going to town. selling coal today?" she added with a raised eyebrow.

"yeah, mother was against the idea since it's snowing crazily outside, but i managed to convince her." he gave her a small smile.

"good thing minjoon is asleep." she lightly sighed.

"i cant imagine me trying to stop him from chasing you into town. it'd be a disaster." the both of them chuckled lightly as it fell silent.

"well i'm gonna go put him down and lay down myself, see you later." she gave her older brother a hug as she walked back to the house.

"now donghun..." his mother trailed off.

"it is snowing badly and it is very dangerous out there, so please be careful and please come home before the sun sets." she placed the basket on his back as she gave him a small smile.

"i'll be safe mother, i promise." he gave her a peck on the cheek as he made his journey down the mountain and into town.

ever since his father has secummed into his illness and passed away, donghun has been helping his mother take care of his siblings. his mother was a hard worker and worked hard to provide their family with everything they needed, but when he passed away, she's been too consumed in work.

donghun thought he was finally old enough to go into town and sell charcoal to help out at times so his mother wouldn't have to overwork herself and she didn't like the idea of laying down to relax for a day, but some how he got her to lay down and just relax.

once donghun went into town, many of the villagers were shouting his name and stated that they needed charcoal or they needed help with something. sometimes, they would ask him to sniff something for them since he head a good sense of smell.

once all the charcoal was finished, donghun smiled at himself as he began head off for the mountains.

"donghun do you plan on climbing that mountain right now?" old man sunwoo spoke through the window of his house.

"yessir i wasn't supposed to stay past sun set and i accidentally did and now mother will be worried and upset." he explained, looking at him.

"i see, but you cannot go up that mountain now." he lightly sighed, shaking his head.

"why can't i?" he looked at him confusingly.

"there are demons lurking through right now and the last thing i would want is for you is to be eaten by one." he added as donghun looked confused.

"i have plenty of space for you to spend the night." old man sunwoo looked at him, but he didn't budge.

"thank you but-." he was quickly cut off.

"no but's, you're staying the night wether you like it or night." old man sunwoo, folded his arms and donghun finally gave in and walked inside his home.

he had pajamas along with dinner prepared for donghun as he began to prepare the bed for them to lay down in.

"once the sun rises tomorrow morning, you'll be able to go back home." sunwoo spoke as he finished up donghuns bed.

"why do i have to wait till the sun rises?" he raised an eyebrow as he finished his meal.

"demons cannot be in the sunlight, they die." he simply stated.

"but enough with the demon talk, let's get some rest." sunwoo cleared his throat as the two walked into their beds and stared at the ceiling before falling fast asleep.

once the sunset, donghun thanked old man sunwoo and grabbed his charcoal basket and began to walk up the mountain.

but as he slowly began to approach his home, he sniffed his the cold air and smelt blood. he quickly walked up the mountain and when he reached his home, his heart jumped out of his chest.

"no!!!!" he shouted as tears poured down his eyes.

there he saw jinwoo towering over minjoon while the two were covered in blood. as he looked further into the house, he saw his mother along with the rest of his siblings lying there in their blood.

"this can't be happening!" he screamed as he shook their dead bodies, not able to see anything due to the many tears leaving his eyes.

"wait!" he screamed, touching jinwoo.

"she's warm." he tried to calm himself, but he couldn't.

he picked up the unconscious jinwoo and placed her on his back as he began to make his way to the town.

"i'm gonna save you." he repeatedly told himself as he couldn't stop crying and thinking about his family.