Hope...

҉       A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ        ҉

ChaPtEr THIRTEEN       _________________________

Hope…

He caressed my thigh as his grey eyes bored into mine. My skin was searing. My heart was going wild. His hand reached up as his other hand cupped my chin. My lips parted as he leaned closer. My breathing hitched as his lips were about to touch mine…

The most disturbing and irritating song started to play. Groaning, I reached for my phone and switched the damn thing off. Stupid thing. I tossed it away and grabbed the pillow to place it over my head but then the annoying thing crashed on the floor. Wide-eyed, I jumped out of bed searching for it frenetically. It was after all, the only device I had to communicate with the outside world. Plus, my parents would kill me for breaking it in less than a week. Thankfully, the thing didn’t have a scratch on it. Placing it on my chest, I dropped on the bed again.

Damn.

My crush was so getting out of control…

I hadn’t slept much. I could only think of his piercing eyes on me…and I replayed over and over on my mind how I’d felt when he touched me…

I know. Totally pathetic.

When I finally found sleep…I dreamt about him. And what a dream it had started out to be…Bloody hell I wanted to keep dreaming! I raised the phone and glared at it with all the hatred on the world. On cue, the thing started to ring. Mom was calling me.

Sighing, I answered the call. “Hi Mom!”

A dark tone answered, making me seat up completely surprised. “Hello Marianne, did I wake you up?”

Dad? I hadn’t talked to him since the morning they drove me to the airport. “No, I was awake. Thanks. How are you?”

Dad sighed. “Not great, honey…” my heart clenched for him. We’d always gotten along pretty well. It was after him that I’d started to major on Astronomy. We’d spent many times watching the stars together. They were my most cherished memories. “I’ve been wanting to call you since you left,” I could imagine him running a hand through his hair. He always did when stressed out. “I’m really sorry for overreacting and making you leave like that. It was completely immature on my part and I wanted to apologize.”

Smiling soflty, I laid in bed once again, “it’s ok, Dad.”

“No, it’s not. Your mother has been kindly reminding me how immature I was…” My smile widened. Mom was probably calling him a douchebag or something. She always did when he acted out. “So, I wanted to let you know that we have arranged everything so you can come back as soon as possible.”

No! No! Please don't!

My voice trembled as I asked, “why?” My whole body tensed.

“I don’t care if you’ve already fulfilled the compensation fee or not. We should have never sent you off, so I’m-“

“But I don’t want to come back!” I exclaimed alarmed in one breath.

“You don’t?” Dad asked completely surprised.

Hesitantly, I added softly, “So far, this has been the best summer ever, Dad…and if that’s alright with you guys, I’d like to stay…”

Dad stayed quiet for a moment. Bemused, he murmured “It’s your choice, honey.”