Family matters...

҉ A PrinceSSly CoNNectioN ҉

ChaPtEr TWENTY-TWO _________________________

My mind had wandered after Mom's words: Life is unpredictable. It was filled with fantasies of bumping into Jason and an adorably and corny confession from his part telling me how much he couldn't live without me. Pathetic. I know. Still, I had barely slept at all completely lost in another world where things worked out just the way you wanted to.

Faint sunlight seeped through the curtains as I sighed defeated. One thing was sure, Jason could keep on living without me. He was strong and confident and probably not an idiot unlike me. Pulling over the blanket, I cuddled in bed missing the bright Mexican sun and its heat.

My room door opened as my little sister carefully strolled in with a steamy mug in her hands. The bitter scent of coffee filled my room as her lips tugged up on a bright smile. My heart warmed for her as I sat up mimicking her smile.

"Hey there!" Ash's brown eyes glinted with glee. Gosh, I loved my sister. Even if she was a pain in the ass sometimes.

"I didn't know you missed me so much," I flattened my blanket as I sat up hiding a smirk from her.

Ashley rolled her eyes before she handed me a cup of coffee, "No need to rub it in, you know? Life has been awful without you." She sat on the edge of the bed. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing track pants and a light t-shirt.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. "I would have thought that you've been enjoying yourself with that amazing boyfriend of yours."

She groaned and sent daggers at my window, "he's on tour," she muttered angrily.

Frowning at her, I asked curiously, "well, isn't that a good thing? Him being a singer and all?"

She sighed, "Yeah, I guess..."

I rolled my eyes and bumped her shoulder playfully, "well, then you should be happy for him. That's what girlfriends do, you know?"

Her brown eyes turned to me, "how the hell should I know? He's my first and only boyfriend and I'm sure that there are a gazillion girls jumping on him right now."

"Hey," I left my mug on the bed stand, "Ben would be the ultimate jackass if he didn't appreciate it. And I would totally beat the crap out of him." I slid an arm on my sister's shoulder as she snorted. I didn't like listening her like that. Totally self-conscious. Ashley was a beautiful girl. Her dark brown hair, cute freckles and chocolate eyes made her a knock-out. Not to mention that the whole nerdy style was really cute. Looks aside, she was really smart, gentle and friendly. "You know you're awesome, right?" She looked at me not really convinced. "And don't make me repeat it, Ash. I mean it."

She sighed, "I should record it on my phone and play it after you've yelled at me."

I shoved her playfully, "I never yell at you." She gave me a pointed look, "Undeservingly." She rolled her eyes after a small smile played on her face.

"Love sucks." She laid in bed after I crawled into my original position. Coffee in hand and all. "I mean," she propped one arm and laid her head on her right hand, "is this how you are supposed to feel? Because I haven't enjoyed it, to be honest."

A snort left my lips, "Beats me. You're asking this to the wrong person." My eyes locked on my coffee for a moment as sadness washed over me. "I'm clueless about love..." The last image I had on Jason played in my mind. The one where he was boring his bloody eyes at me on the plane. The last time I'd seen him.