Missing him

҉ A PrinceSSly CoNNectioN ҉

Chapter's song: See you again cover by Hobbie Stuart.

ChaPtEr TWENTY-FOUR _________________________

Missing him

A row of identical houses appeared in sight. They were all three-stories, had the same number of windows on each floor and the matching white front door. The only differences were the small pots on the front hall or the lack of them.

My hands trembled as I re-read the crumpled paper I'd been carrying around for the last week. A shaky breath left my mouth as Tom, my bodyguard glanced at me somewhat concerned from the front view mirror. "Is this the correct address, Miss?" he asked patiently.

My eyes turned to the house with flower pots aligned on the entrance, "I think so." Taking another deep breath, I managed to give an apologetic grin at Tom. "Sorry...I'm just a tad nervous." Tom's eyes crinkled as he shook his head smiling.

A tad nervous had been a total understatement.

I was a freaking wreck.

I hadn't been able to sleep properly since the moment Dad gave me address. Three days ago.

He hadn't asked why I wanted to get Jason's address confirming the fact that Mom had spilled out everything I'd told her. He did give it to me discreetly. I doubted Mom knew about it. But I couldn't tell. My parents talked about everything.

Uncle Hugh did know. He was still staying for a week more. Today, he had practically forced me to get on the car and get it over with. I'd thought about calling him but I honestly didn't know what to say. I had a feeling that a phone call would be extremely awkward. Valerie had joined forces with him.

I rolled my eyes thinking about her. She never visited Peter and was now forcing me to knock on Jason's door. Still, we were going to Cambridge's campus tomorrow to meet with Peter for a sort of truce or something. She was in for a treat, since I'd already planned to ditch her (so she could be alone with Peter) and visit one of the Economic faculty. I was determined to help out my aunt and I figured I needed to take a course on marketing or business. I had no idea, thus I'd arranged the meeting with one of the lecturer's.

My phone started to shake. A message popped in the screen.

Get out of the damn car! -V.

I rolled my eyes and silenced the phone. Taking one last calming breath, I grabbed the door's handle muttering to myself, "here we go..." Tom beat me to it and finished opening the door for me. I swallowed hard after thanking him and made my way to the door. My heart was beating really loud.

What am I doing here?

What if he's not here?

Worse...What if the girlfriend opens up the door?

This was such an awful idea! I should have called first!

With panicked eyes, I turned around to go back to the car. Tom was watching me and started to get out of the car when I heard a girl's voice. "Hello?"

My stomach plummeted to the ground. You're so stupid Marianne!

Swallowing hard, I closed my eyes for a moment before turning around. "Hi," I waved feebly at the blonde girl in front of me.

She was wearing ripped jeans and a loose t-shirt with paint stains on it. Her hair was cropped in an irregular bob style. Her grey eyes studied me for a moment before cracking up a smile, "How can I help you?"