The adventure begins

Chapter's song: Instant crush by Daft Punk :)

My eyes squinted at the small stain above my head. It oddly resembled like a bunny.

Groaning, I rolled around in bed completely bored out of myself. I'd been grounded since yesterday. My parents had taken away my cell phone and iPad as well as my laptop...how on earth was I supposed to survive without any technological devise?

I heard the distinctive sound of tires over gravel, meaning that someone was coming home. Peeking out of my window, I saw Uncle Mark as he hoped out of his car. His blue eyes looked at me and a small smile played on his face at the same time he shook his head. He was one of my favorite's persons in the whole wide world, so before he reached our door, I had already sprinted down to greet him.

"Hi there!" he smiled as he engulfed me in a hug. "I heard you're grounded?" he raised an eyebrow skeptically. He was wearing ripped jeans and a black t-shirt. That was the thing about him, he was pretty cool.

I looked behind me before whispering, "They're sending me to Mexico for the summer..."

Mark shook his head, "I know, Scott called me because we need to divert the press attention from you." As I made a face, he added, "but being on the beach for two months doesn't sound that bad, does it?"

"Have you met Aunt Patricia?" I raised an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"She can't be that bad!" Oh man, you have no idea...

Pathetically desperately, I blinked at him, "Can I borrow your phone? Pretty please?"

He looked behind me and his smile turned into his distinctive smirk. And I just knew that my dad was behind me.

"He can't," Dad responded as soon as the words left my mouth.

Uncle Mark passed an arm on my shoulders, "come on Scott, you can't be that mean to the poor girl!"

Dad's brown eyes narrowed, "did you have anything to do with it?" he crossed his arms glaring at his brother.

"Why would you say that?" Uncle Mark mocked being hurt by pressing a palm on his chest, "it hurts, you know?"

"Well, did you?" Dad was used to his brother's drama, so he ignored him.

Uncle Mark patted me on the back before reaching Dad, "of course I didn't! She wouldn't had been caught if she'd asked for my help!" he looked at me and winked as I tried to suppress a smile.

Dad rolled his eyes, "Don't encourage her, Mark!" he glanced at me for a second before returning to his studio. He was still pretty pissed...

Embarrassed and discouraged, I looked down as I fidgeted with the hem of my sweatshirt. "Hey," Uncle Mark squeezed my arm reassuringly, "he'll come around, honey."

My eyes turned to Dad's studio where he had disappeared. "Yeah, ok..."I murmured unconvinced. Uncle Mark smiled apologetically before going through the door as well.

Rattling came from the kitchen. Mom was busy making coffee and had dropped a mug. Despite her age (she was 46) she looked great. It was a trait I'd always admired, she didn't work out (she had two left feet), but she didn't need to. She had recently started to take care of her eating habits by trying to become vegan, but she had been trying it for the last week. And she was moody as hell...that was one thing I wasn't going to miss...Without saying anything, I grabbed a broom and started to help her out. As I wrapped up the broken ceramic pieces in a sheet of newspaper, she smiled and thanked me. Taking advantage of that, I looked up at her, "Mom, can I call Valerie?" she narrowed her eyes, "I just want to check on her..." I murmured folding the newspaper.