Morning after

Chapter's song: 3 am by Meghan Trainor. I am absolutely addicted to her songs...

҉       A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ        ҉

ChaPtEr sEVENTEEN  _________________________

Morning after

My stomach growled as soon as I pushed the kitchen door. Different aromas attacked me. Coffee, beans and the particular smell of tortillas. Despite the early hour, Maria was already busy working on breakfast. As the door creaked, she glanced at me sporting her usual smile, “Buenos días!”

“Hola,” I reached her and kissed her on the cheek as it was a Mexican custom. “At what time do you get here every day?” Looking around, the beans pot was already boiling and she’d made coffee in a clay pot. A cinnamon stick was floating on top.

She grabbed a mug and poured me some, “Al que madruga, Dios lo ayuda (God helps out those who are up early). It’s spicy and sweet. I hope you like it.” I thanked her and took a sip. It was too sweet but it was good. “It’s café de olla (pot coffee). I don’t make it every day because it’ sweet. Not everyone likes it.”

It took me a moment to understand what she had said. “It’s good,” I smiled at her.

The door creaked once again. “Buenos días,” Jason’s dark voice sounded and my heart skipped a beat. Biting my lip, I turned to look at him. His grey eyes were intensely staring at me. Maria said something and he answered back. Always looking at me.

For a moment, I could feel his hands trailing on my legs. My lips tingled remembering how it felt to be kissed by him. Bloody hell. How was I supposed to stop myself from jumping on him?

Maria placed several plates on the table and I figured we needed to help out setting the table. Swallowing hard, I took the plates and started to walk around the table at the same time Jason placed forks on the sides. His hands grazed mine several times. I was pretty sure that he was doing it on purpose.

We finished and I leaned on the kitchen’s counter crossing my arms and trying to steady my heart rate. He stood next to me and made a show of stretching his arms. Brushing against me. Leaning closer to me, he whispered softly, “Hola bonita (hi pretty), did you get some sleep?”

I totally swooned at his cute thick English accent. Shaking my head, I bit my lip. He looked at my lips for a moment before a lopsided smile formed on his mouth, “Me either…”

Sol and Pablo burst in the kitchen. Pablo let Sol enter and she smiled shyly at him. He averted his eyes and they both walked in awkwardly. Crap. What had happened yesterday?

I glanced at her as she greeted Maria. Her eyes twinkled mischievously when they landed on us. “Had a good night sleep?” she asked slyly.

My cheeks flushed. Jason smiled, “Definitely. You?”

She looked at me with those you’ve-got-to-spill-girl eyes before shrugging, “I guess.”

Quizzically, I looked at Pablo who was playing with the fork. Huh. There goes my matchmaking career. To be honest, he would be a total idiot if he hadn’t noticed Sol earlier. I just had to make sure to tell him that.

My aunt walked in and greeted everyone. Maria started to serve everyone while Jason helped her. She wasn’t too happy about it. I had noticed that she liked to work alone, even when you wanted to help out.