Breaking the ice

Chapter's song: Wrapped up (Olly Murs)...I absolutely LOVE it!

҉A ƤriƝɕҽsslɣ CoƝƝҽCƬioƝ        ҉

ChaPtEr NInE                 _________________________

Breaking the ice

The amber liquid burnt through my throat as I swallowed while closing my eyes. Pablo burst out laughing and slapped me on the back as I coughed. “Nice, huh?” his brown eyes sparkled mischievously as I grabbed a lime and placed it on my mouth enjoying the contrast of the sour taste.

Jason’s smile was as wide as it could get. My eyes watered as I kept coughing for another moment. “So, you’ve tried tequila before, huh?”

“Yes,” I wiped my lips with a napkin, “not like this, though!” he laughed at that.

“Well, it’s my duty as your only Mexican friend to tell you that the second shot tastes better…” Pablo deadpanned as he filled the glasses again.

“You are so trying to get me drunk!” I pointed a finger accusingly at him. He shrugged innocently as he placed the glass in front of me.

“Have fun, Marianne!” He placed the salt shaker and the limes as well, “live a little.”

I grimaced, “I hate hangovers…”

“Then don’t drink too much,” he winked at me. Jason smiled at me as he dipped the shot and took it in one go.

Despite the burning sensation, I liked the taste…and well…what the hell…it was the first time that I was in a pub totally carefree. I normally looked around me trying to figure out who could be taking pictures or something like that.

Jason leaned closer to me, “I’ve got your back.” Those grey eyes bored into me leaving me with a drier mouth.

“Cheers,” I raised my glass to Pablo. I took a lime, shook salt in it and squeezed the juice with my teeth before drinking the shot.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” exclaimed Pablo as I blinked still trying to get used to the burning feeling. His eyes looked behind me. He bobbed his head, “I texted Ed, I hope that’s ok with you guys,” he looked in between me and Jason. We both tensed for a moment. Pablo didn’t notice. However, having Ed around made me nervous. He seemed like the questioning type and it made me uncomfortable.

Before I could say anything, though, Ed was standing next to me. “Hi beautiful!” he took me by surprise as he kissed me on the cheek. Smirking, he added, “sorry, force of habit. You do know that here in Mexico, people greet like that, right?” He shook hands with Jason, who shifted on his seat, a bit uncomfortable as well. We shared knowing glances.

Brushing Ed off, I played with the salt shaker on my hands. “I didn’t know that you were so well adapted, Ed…” he laughed at my words and I smiled at him. He looked sort of cute with his plain bright purple t-shirt and jeans.

Ed tilted his head after he grabbed another bench and pulled it to our table. He examined for a minute, “I’m sure you’ve been told this…but you look so much like Princess Marianne-“he snorted, “You even have her same name!”

I looked at Jason for a moment. He wasn’t looking at me but was too quiet playing with the rim of his glass. His lips tugged up as he glanced at Ed, “Dude, you know how weird does that sound? Do you read those kind of magazines or what?”