Recovering

Chapter's song: Verge by Owl City. Just because (my new favorite song).

ChaPtEr TWENTY-EIGHT           _________________________

"You're not off the hook, pal," I narrowed my eyes at Jason as he pulled away.

His grey eyes glinted mischievously as a devilish bad-boy smile played on his face, "I know." He raised both hands in mock surrender.

My lips were tingling. Butterflies were playing in my stomach and my heart was racing. I felt giddy and excited at being close to Jason again. I thought there was nothing else between us. Every ray of hope had vanished the moment I saw him with the other girl.

The other girl.

Furrowing my brows, I looked at him warily. "So, what was the deal with the other girl? She was giving me the evil eye." Jason shifted somewhat uncomfortable.

So, there was something there. I crossed my arms on my chest and glared at him.

"We had some history..." he answered vaguely.

"What kind of history?" I raised an eyebrow.

Jason's eyes were amused. A smug smirk played on his lips. "You look hot when you're flustered."

He leaned closer to kiss me again but I pushed him back placing my right palm on his chest, "Jason."

He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers. "Just that. History. It's in the past."

I freed my hand. "So what where you doing with her?"

Jason chuckled. My temper flared. "I'm glad I'm amusing you." Jerk.

His lips twitched, "Comes from the girl who's on a date at the moment." His voice was smooth. Meaning that he wasn't angry or jealous.

I rolled my eyes. "It was an unintentional blind date. And I totally ditch the guy, who seemed nice by the way, for you."

His eyes bored into mine for a moment before grabbing me by the waist and pulling me to him. I was straddling him. "Thank you," he whispered huskily before kissing me.

My annoyance was completely forgotten replaced by the need of having him closer. He deepened the kiss and I completely melted over him. My hands found their way to his chest. They gripped his tie and pulled him even closer. A small groan reverberated from the back of his throat. The kiss was raw and passionate.

Breathing hard, Jason leaned his head over mine and whispered huskily, "Baby, I've missed you..."

My heart warmed at him. I've missed you more.

A sappy smile was playing on my lips when I narrowed my eyes at him. "You can't kiss your way out of this!"

He burst out laughing. "I'm not. I just can't resist you looking all worked up like that," he said smugly after he sobered up.

We were still holding each other and even though I was angry at him for making fun of me, I wasn't ready to let him go. I'd dreamt about being in his arms but nothing I'd dreamt was close to what it felt in reality.

"You're such a douchebag..." I trailed feigning annoyance. But we both knew that it was just an act.

His lips tugged up. He pecked me one more time making my heart skip a beat. "Grace is my friend and we bumped into her while grocery shopping. My mother invited over for dinner. That's it." His eyes glinted as he added, "by the way, my mother is pestering me to no end to get you over for dinner."