Chapter 4

"Why are we sharing a room?" Zhilan asked as she realized that she wouldn't getting her own space during her time in Neo City.

"It's because," Renjun let out a deep breath as he set his suitcase on the ground before opening it up, "Jaemin likes his own space."

"Tch, that's a terrible excuse." Zhilan said as she began to unpack.

"Well he spends a lot of time here and he likes being alone. Plus it's not like we haven't lived together before." Renjun pointed out.

That was true as back in Beijing, Zhilan lived with Renjun and Jiayi. But living together is definitely different from sharing a room.

"Okay but now I have to leave the room every time I change." Zhilan continued to complain. Renjun rolled his eyes.

"The washroom is across the hall, you'll live." Renjun said as he took his things out of his bag. As he walked passed Zhilan, he gave her a look. "And what's your deal with Jaemin?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Zhilan said as she ignored him, doing her own thing. Renjun scoffed.

"I'm not stupid and I know both of you pretty well. What happened at the airport?" Renjun asked as he began retuning his clothes to his dresser.

"Why are you acting like it's my fault? He was the one that was rude and didn't shake my hand! Then he took your bag and left mine!" Zhilan spat out. She looked up to see Renjun giggling to himself.

"Jaemin's just like that." Renjun told her, the smile never leaving his face. "He just needs time to warm up to you."

"Well he doesn't need to be that rude!" Zhilan argued. Renjun simply shrugged.

"You'll understand him with time but for now, I wouldn't be that loud. He can hear every word you're saying."

Zhilan's eyes immediately widened as she turned towards her bed that was against the wall. On the other hand, Renjun had his head thrown back in laughter as he left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Yah, Huang Renjun! Get back here!" Zhilan called out but the male was already long gone.

...

Renjun was right, Jaemin could hear every word Zhilan was saying and he hated it.

Jaemin sunk into his chair as he heard Zhilan yelling at Renjun, even though Renjun was in Chenle and Jisung's room, giving them some souvenirs from China. Jaemin could hear Chenle screaming about how happy he was, pushing Jaemin to his limits.

He got up, grabbed his jacket, deciding to head to the bar downstairs but today must have been his lucky day as Zhilan decided to come out of her room at the same time.

Jaemin gave the girl a look, watching as she rolled her eyes.

"You're in my way." Zhilan told him. Jaemin didn't move.

Zhilan let out a deep breath before walking past him, purposed shoving his shoulder. Jaemin clenched his teeth, turning his head towards her but Renjun had opened the door that connected to Chenle and Jisung's room.

"You two heading out?" Renjun asked the two of them.

"I am, I don't know about him." Zhilan said, motioning to Jaemin. Renjun's attention shifted to the male.

"I was but I think I'm going to stay now." Jaemin said, grabbing a bottle of water before returning to his room.

Jaemin heard Renjun introduce Zhilan to Chenle and Jisung, Chenle being enthusiastic about having another friend that could speak Chinese. Renjun then instructed the two boys to take Zhilan to the bar and then Jaemin heard the front door open and close, signalling that they had left.